Author Topic: Another Gun Off the Streets!  (Read 870 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Another Gun Off the Streets!
« on: August 22, 2022, 02:58:55 PM »
The Canadian cops seem to have a passion for a very liberal definition of "gun" when talking about getting dangerous weapons off the street. BB guns, airsoft guns, toy guns, boomerangs, slingshots, and this:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/22/lets-all-give-thanks-to-the-toronto-police-for-getting-this-dangerous-weapon-off-the-streets-photo/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Another Gun Off the Streets!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »
Obviously another one of those ghost guns I keep hearing about committing all those murders. Trigger is even stuck in the full auto fire position
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 08:31:56 PM »
Put it on Gunbroker, some idiot will bid $500 for it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 09:12:27 PM »
Put it on Gunbroker, some idiot will bid $500 for it.

Put a Nazi Waffenamt mark on it $5,000
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 10:03:55 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 09:30:06 PM »
Put a Nazi nazi Waffenamt mark on it $5,000
Add the initials A.H. $10,000
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 08:20:21 AM »
You suppose they could get a forensically valuable test bullet out of it and match it up to some crime bullet?

Kinda looks like an RG-22, but I'm willing to be corrected.  I have a broken one around somewhere I was saving for a gun buyback.  I learned too late there was a buyback in Denver not too long ago,  Drat.

This one's missing the ejector rod:

I beat the living crap out of mine, including shooting cut-down long and long rifle rounds out of it. It broke, I assume, from hydrogen embrittlement because I chrome plated it.

Here it is... told you I beat the crap out of it (but learned a lot):

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 08:49:25 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 01:57:46 PM »
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's one of the old H&R .32's.  The very upright hammer spur is pretty distinctive, as is the shape of the frame between the cylinder and the grip.

I found this one, which is an "American Double Action" and even appears to have broken the trigger in the same way as the OP gun.  The crown on the grips looks the same as well.

Source: https://ehive.com/collections/3492/objects/42289/hr-arms-the-american-double-action-revolver

Another couple pics on this thread: https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/the-american-double-action-32-s-w-ctge.86416/

The OP is pretty messed up though, so I am also willing to be corrected.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 08:30:00 PM »
You're right about the hammer spur. Good show!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 08:35:36 PM »
You're all wrong, I just checked the MSM guide to guns and it's clearly a Glock 7. You know, a porcelain gun made in Germany that doesn't show up on airport X-ray machines and it costs more than what you make in a month!"
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 10:07:10 PM »
What kind of cap gun is it? And how many weeks was it sitting on a reef?
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »
Hey that’s SpongeBob’s piece
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 06:44:16 AM »
I was thinking a starter pistol of some sort, but I think dogmush nailed it.

Glad they got it off the streets - with a new barrel, frame, hammer, trigger, grips, and internals, who knows what havoc it could cause.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »
Dogmush is 100% correct on the identification.

I knew exactly what it was the second I saw it. I've had several over the years.

In an era of cheap guns, these were pretty near the bottom. They were in direct competition with the Iver Johnson, F&W, and other solid frame double action revolvers for the title of "how cheap can we make a gun that will shoot a marginally effective cartridge?"

The answer?

CHEAP.

According to one source I just found, they were made from 1905 until 1942.

I had NO clue they were made that late. I had thought they crapped out as a model right after WW II.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 01:25:36 PM »
. . . . According to one source I just found, they were made from 1905 until 1942.

I had NO clue they were made that late. I had thought they crapped out as a model right after WW II.
Ummm . . . did you mean maybe you thought they crapped out right after WWI?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 01:33:48 PM »
For comparison, here is my aunt's Katrina soaked H&R .32 that I cut up before trashing it:

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »
The difference between last date made and date finally sold may have given you the impression they crapped out after the war.  And during the war, there were a lot of potential buyers visiting other countries.

HeroHog, that is one effyude gun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:56:25 PM by 230RN »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 08:07:08 PM »
Ummm . . . did you mean maybe you thought they crapped out right after WWI?

Whoops, yes. World War I.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 08:09:30 PM »
The difference between last date made and date finally sold may have given you the impression they crapped out after the war.  And during the war, there were a lot of potential buyers visiting other countries.

HeroHog, that is one effyude gun.

According to the source I saw, it said that the model was manufactured until 1942.

As in, rolling off the production lines and going to stores.

1942 was the death knell for a lot of American products, firearms and other items, as industry transitioned to a war footing.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 08:11:05 PM »
For comparison, here is my aunt's Katrina soaked H&R .32 that I cut up before trashing it:

That one is a much later model -- it's chambered for .32 S&W Long. I don't think H&R started making .32 Longs until the late 1940s or early 1950s, if not later.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 08:49:41 PM »
She had it in a faux sheep skin lined soft pistol "case" which was submerged in the brackish water that flooded New Orleans and left in there FOR YEARS until I learned of it and got involved.

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 11:34:48 PM »
She had it in a faux sheep skin lined soft pistol "case" which was submerged in the brackish water that flooded New Orleans and left in there FOR YEARS until I learned of it and got involved.

Perfect candidate for a "gun buy back" event.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2022, 08:32:23 PM »
If it weren't for the fact it was loaded and ya couldn't empty it, I would have agreed with you.
MOLON LABE!