Author Topic: And . . . ANOTHER Sig recall  (Read 406 times)

HankB

• friend
And . . . ANOTHER Sig recall
« on: August 23, 2022, 06:59:34 AM »
This recall is for ammo. With multiple recalls in recent years, it would seem that SIG is no longer the same company that, decades ago, produced the classic SIG P210 pistol

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SIG SAUER 9MM, 115gr, Elite Ball, FMJ Product Warning and Recall Notice

NEWINGTON, N.H., (August 22, 2022) – Sig Sauer has determined that portions of Lot No. JDAR0815 of SIG SAUER 9MM, 115gr, Elite Ball, FMJ (SKU E9MMB1-50), may have powder charge variations that could result in a bullet remaining in the barrel (i.e., a bullet-in-bore obstruction). Firing a subsequent bullet into a bore obstruction could cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable and subjecting the shooter and bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury.

Ammunition from this lot should be removed from use immediately and segregated from other ammunition until it can be returned to SIG SAUER.

DO NOT USE LOT NUMBER: JDAR0815

The lot number can be found on the inside flap of the individual boxes of ammunition.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
Re: And . . . ANOTHER Sig recall
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 07:22:29 AM »
I have some of the West German Sigs.

They are the same company.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 07:39:53 AM »
Interesting. I was going to say that I doubt that SIG makes its own ammunition, but it appears that SIG DOES make its own ammo, and it's made here in the United States.

This is an interesting list. There are a number of brands on here I've never heard of.

https://www.ccwclasses.net/who-makes-the-most-popular-brands-of-ammo/#:~:text=Sig%20Sauer%20makes%20its%20own%20ammunition%20and%20it,ammunition%20made%20by%20Sig%20Sauer%20has%20grown%20tremendously.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 08:29:16 AM »
Interesting. I was going to say that I doubt that SIG makes its own ammunition, but it appears that SIG DOES make its own ammo, and it's made here in the United States.

This is an interesting list. There are a number of brands on here I've never heard of.

https://www.ccwclasses.net/who-makes-the-most-popular-brands-of-ammo/#:~:text=Sig%20Sauer%20makes%20its%20own%20ammunition%20and%20it,ammunition%20made%20by%20Sig%20Sauer%20has%20grown%20tremendously.
That list IS interesting - it says that Browning is made by Winchester, but Winchester is made by Olin . . . aren't all part of the same parent company?

And I didn't realize the Herter's name was back, this time from Cabela's. I remember going through the "Herter's Sportsman's Store" back when I lived in Minnesota, and paging through the Herter's catalogs when I was young; Herter's was as enthusiastic back then about touting their products as being unquestionably the best available as Mike Lindell is about MyPillow products today. Of course, Cabela's doesn't MAKE the ammo - they subcontract it out "somwhere." And with Bass Pro Shops running things now, well, how good ANY of their stuff is today is open to question. (Aside from ammo, I used to like Cabela's brand cargo pants and cargo shorts - they're gone now. Thanks for nothing, Bass Pro.  :mad:  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 10:05:03 AM »
I wonder if all of the brands would do a recall for squib rounds?  At least Sig is doing the recall and putting out the information. 

β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 07:37:29 AM »
I wonder if all of the brands would do a recall for squib rounds?  At least Sig is doing the recall and putting out the information. 

I sure as hell hope that they would.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 09:07:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure the major brands would - there's a lot that depends on their reputation. I DO remember seeing occasional recalls from the big boys over the years.

Smaller "boutique" ammo makers I'm not so sure about - I've read some less than confidence inspiring anecdotes about CorBon and Buffalo Bore. So for what is euphemistically called "serious social work" I stick to premium lines of ammo from the major brands - and still keep my fingers crossed.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 09:32:13 AM »

They do, I tend to keep an eye out for them
I've even posted a few ammo recall notices in here.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes