Author Topic: The joys of Mexican carry  (Read 659 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
The joys of Mexican carry
« on: August 23, 2022, 02:29:20 PM »
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clayton-county/man-mishandles-firearm-shoots-himself-3-others-ga-police-say/3EOZM4RZLBCTNHLKUPQOCJSTOQ/

“The gun was in his waistband not holstered and loaded. The gun slipped down his leg, he attempted to grab it, and was somehow manipulating the weapon and discharged the firearm,” said Sgt. Akeem Turnbull with Lovejoy Police.

Turnbull said the gun belonged to 29-year old Michael Walton. The bullet struck Walton and three other customers.

At least this doofus didn't kill anyone.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The joys of Mexican carry
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 02:40:33 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 02:54:03 PM »
Guns in motion (dropped) should STAY in motion until something, besides your hands, stops them!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 03:01:46 PM »
Never try to catch dropped guns or knives with exposed blades. Bad things WILL happen.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 03:04:33 PM »
Never try to catch dropped guns or knives with exposed blades. Bad things WILL happen.

https://youtu.be/9RowrUi2t1c
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 03:12:19 PM »
I see so many kids rocking sweats, sagging their thug panties, and down in front, likely below the wedding tackle, you see the clip of a cheap nylon holster, which is sagging the front even more.
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 03:31:43 PM »
 ^ Whenever I see anyone dressed like that, my first thought is "Hey, pants, shorts, or a skirt.  Make up your mind!"

My second thought is "Shut up, Terry!"

"Wedding tackle."  Heh. Funny. Must remember that one.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 04:40:51 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 06:41:44 PM »
I still sometimes carry with a mexican loop. I also carry unchambered like that too. I know I am terrible untactical but I would rather still wear just the t shirt and have a full size gun with me.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 07:08:37 PM »
I still sometimes carry with a mexican loop.

Mexican loop, if I understand what you're talking about, is a type of leather holster. "Mexican carry" is no holster at all -- just shove the gun into your waistband. If you happen to be wearing a belt, so much the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 07:14:52 PM »
I was gonna ask about Mexican loop too. Is that like a Yaqui slide? I recall Jeff Cooper (or maybe one of the other gunslingers from that era) was a fan of them for a while.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 08:25:26 PM »
I still sometimes carry with a mexican loop. I also carry unchambered like that too. I know I am terrible untactical but I would rather still wear just the t shirt and have a full size gun with me.

I had to look up what that was.  Why is that even in the same conversation as no holster at all? 

I carry with just a T-shirt all the time.  Duluth trading sells relax fit T-shirts that hang loose at the waist.  Does fine covering my OWB holsters.  Carhart T-shirts used to be good for that, but they cheapened their design a few years ago and they don't work as well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 10:40:12 PM »
I was gonna ask about Mexican loop too. Is that like a Yaqui slide? I recall Jeff Cooper (or maybe one of the other gunslingers from that era) was a fan of them for a while.

Not at all like a Yaqui slide. It's a real holster:

https://www.circlekb.com/store/Mexican-Loop-Holsters

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2022, 10:43:18 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 12:04:39 PM »
No, I don’t remember who referred to it other than me but in my little world a Mexican loop is a piece of cordage leaving about a 2” circle once it is pooped over the belt. Insert gun. No trigger coverage obviously so behave accordingly. Would l like to wear one of my nice holsters all the time? Sure but it doesn’t fit my life.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 12:17:17 PM »
If for no other reason he should be arrested for being incredibly *expletive deleted*ing stupid.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 01:27:10 PM »
No, I don’t remember who referred to it other than me but in my little world a Mexican loop is a piece of cordage leaving about a 2” circle once it is pooped over the belt. Insert gun. No trigger coverage obviously so behave accordingly. Would l like to wear one of my nice holsters all the time? Sure but it doesn’t fit my life.

Let's try to keep our belt out of the way when we're pooping.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 02:22:55 PM »
Thanks.  That explains it better for me.  The closest I have used is one of the sticky holsters that just makes it less likely to slip.  Works fine for slow walking through a store and that is about it.

For mowing and out on a walk, I usually use an XDs 45 with a small Desantis belt holster.  Pretty small and my T-shirt rides over it without printing.  If you like athletic T-shirts that hug the waist, it might not work.  I generally stick with shorts that have belt loops. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 08:39:17 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!