Author Topic: One of the First to Apply for Legal Polygamy in Montana  (Read 4320 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: One of the First to Apply for Legal Polygamy in Montana
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »
My money would be on Tallpine being smart enough to know better than that.

But, hey why the hell not?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
My money would be on Tallpine being smart enough to know better than that.

But, hey why the hell not?

Yeah, Ladypine would not appreciate Ladypine_Two  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
Yeah, Ladypine would not appreciate Ladypine_Two  :O

Wouldn't that be LadyPine2.0?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »
Wouldn't that be LadyPine2.0?

More like 1.02, with LadyPine being 1.01.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »
If you are getting in to that much trouble, make it a major revision and go 2.0.

but it'll probably end up more like a Ladypine Vista, jus' sayin'

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
Why in the hell would you want TWO (or more) sets of in-laws??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »
Couple of the comments on the story mention that not only are they sisters but they have special needs.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:11:25 AM »
Couple of the comments on the story mention that not only are they sisters but they have special needs.

And he's just the guy to meet them ...?  ;)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »
Here we go:

Yellowstone County chief civil litigator Kevin Gillen said he is reviewing Montana's bigamy laws and expected to send a formal response to Collier by next week.

"I think he deserves an answer," Gillen said, but added his review is finding that "the law simply doesn't provide for that yet."

Now who could have seen that coming? My only surprise is that it started so soon after the gay marriage decision.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 10:21:45 AM »
Here we go:

Now who could have seen that coming? My only surprise is that it started so soon after the gay marriage decision.

Actually, I have a lot less problem with polygamy than with same sex "marriage"  =|

Apparently this "trio" has been living together for several years now and they already had a church wedding, so this application is just trying to make it "legal."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:39 AM »

They're women.  What do you expect?

Sometimes I think the capacity for common sense resides on the Y chromosome.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »
I'm gonna take a couple of steps way over here...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 12:16:40 PM »
I'm gonna take a couple of steps way over here...

"The shoe barrage only left a shallow crater, but it was enough."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »
Sometimes I think the capacity for common sense resides on the Y chromosome.

Thread above this one was mentioning that a dude mocked gators before jumping into a gator filled water source, and was thus killed by said gators. Not saying I haven't seen some vastly intelligence challenged females, but I rarely have seen them pull the insanely stupid stuff that I've seen guys pull. Crimping blasting caps with your teeth, taking a leak on electric fences, bullriding, you name it.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »
Thread above this one was mentioning that a dude mocked gators before jumping into a gator filled water source, and was thus killed by said gators. Not saying I haven't seen some vastly intelligence challenged females, but I rarely have seen them pull the insanely stupid stuff that I've seen guys pull. Crimping blasting caps with your teeth, taking a leak on electric fences, bullriding, you name it.

Men tend to be over-represented in the extremes of the intelligence curve. Add to that a greater tendency for risk-taking and....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:14 PM »

Getting married  =D

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »
Getting married  =D

To sisters at the same time.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 02:10:47 PM »
All this is true. But men it tends to more of a "hold my beer and watch this" moments variety, as opposed to a constant state of being.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »
Crimping blasting caps with your teeth, taking a leak on electric fences, bullriding, you name it.

Sleeping with a girl you have to keep handcuffed to the bed to survive the night?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
One of the First to Apply for Legal Polygamy in Montana
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »
Sleeping with a girl you have to keep handcuffed to the bed to survive the night?
Hey whatever does it for ya...

But don't they charge extra for that sort of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
All this is true. But men it tends to more of a "hold my beer and watch this" moments variety, as opposed to a constant state of being.

makattak hit the nail on the head. Men often tend to be the extremes on the Bell Curve of intelligence.

Sigh, yeah, fun times in DC. Speaking of which, need to start dating again. This will be... entertaining.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:29 PM »
*raises eyebrows*

You lot are not displaying a lot of that common sense.

Plenty of risk taking, though.

[ar15]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds