Author Topic: Missed it by thaaaaaaatttttttt much.  (Read 900 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Missed it by thaaaaaaatttttttt much.
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
While coonfingering* his shotgun, one of those "only highly trained enough" professionals almost makes Ahmadinejad, AhmadineDEAD.

http://news.yahoo.com/oops-u-secret-almost-accidentally-shot-irans-president-072000986.html

* - "Coonfingering" is a Tam (of VFTP# fame) phrase for needlessly touching your carry piece, thereby increasing the chances of an ND.  

# - And if you're not reading  View from the Porch, then you are not getting your recommended daily allowance of snark.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:09:13 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Missed it by thaaaaaaatttttttt much.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
Dammit so close and yet so far...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
VFTP is one of my first daily stops on the info highway for a fill-up of premium grade snark to power the rest of the drive.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »
Dammit so close and yet so far...

In Alternative Universe Where Ahmadinejad Was Killed by the ND, no one would have believed it was an accident.

And I have to say, Iran and Ahmadinejad personally reacted... very diplomatically. Actually, I'd call it quite generous. They could have tried to play it as "government assassination attempt!!!!11!". Instead, they let a mistake by an agent slide. Never brought it up.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/oops-u-secret-almost-accidentally-shot-irans-president-072000986.html

Waddya mean "almost accidentally shot ...."?  As I see it, there were a limited number of possibilities there, but none of them were "almost accidentally shot".

1) intentionally shot him causing wounds/death

2) shot him unintentionally, causing wounds/death

3) shot unintentionally, missing him (number of RCHs immaterial)

4) shot intentionally but missed (again, number of RCHs not relevant)

5) intended to shoot him but did not carry out the intent  (this is the closest I think it comes to "almost accidentally" anything)

Boomhauer - would you consider another possibility?  That Ahmadinejad was of the opinion that killing him would only make him a martyr and further his politio-religious (or is it religio-political?) cause.  Sort of like Ghandi is supposed to have responded to all the death threats from both the Brits amd the Muslims.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.