Stupidity and Pot

Stupid before
5 (23.8%)
Burns out more brain cell the more you smoke
6 (28.6%)
Pass the cheetos, dude.
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Chicken v. Egg  (Read 917 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Chicken v. Egg
« on: August 27, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
Are you stupid and therefore smoke pot or does smoking pot make you stupid?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2013/08/23/21070301.html#.Uhsl7lpLn7E.facebook
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Chicken v. Egg
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
At my 25 year reunion I met up with a high school buddy who, when we graduated, was only a couple tenths of a point shy of being an honor graduate.  After 20 years of some serious home-rolled recreational pharma, he's only a couple tenths of a point shy of being a houseplant.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:31:02 AM »
One of those mutually-reinforcing deals.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:34:06 AM »
One of those mutually-reinforcing deals.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
I have no experience to go by.  I just remember a younger kid in my high school who supposedly got the max score on the SAT, but smoked dope, didn't study and was in the process of flunking out.  Lots of people are self-destructive in one way or another. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
I know a lot of folks who smoke pot (who I'm AWARE smoke it, anyway), and I can only think of two who hold regular jobs, are productive members of society, and have solid ethics. Neither of them have personalities that are prone to addiction, either, though, and I think that has a lot to do with it.

I know, I know, pot "isn't addictive" but I really believe that although maybe it isn't chemically addictive, people can become addicted to whatever high/feeling they get from it. There's absolutely nothing chemically addicting about gambling either, but apparently people get "addicted" to that, so where's the difference?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »

I know, I know, pot "isn't addictive" but I really believe that although maybe it isn't chemically addictive, people can become addicted to whatever high/feeling they get from it. There's absolutely nothing chemically addicting about gambling either, but apparently people get "addicted" to that, so where's the difference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_dependence
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
At my 25 year reunion I met up with a high school buddy who, when we graduated, was only a couple tenths of a point shy of being an honor graduate.  After 20 years of some serious home-rolled recreational pharma, he's only a couple tenths of a point shy of being a houseplant.

Brad

This guy?

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:39 PM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB