Author Topic: A nightmare scenario for gun owners - McCain considers MIKE BLOOMBERG for VP?!  (Read 16693 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
McCain has enough problems with conservatives in the Republican Party.  It's highly unlikely that he's gonna choose a running mate that is further to the left than he is.
Keep in mind that McCain has earned a reputation as a maverick for a reason.

That he changes sides more often than someone playing ping-pong solo?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Welcome aboard Elza!
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
McCain has enough problems with conservatives in the Republican Party.  It's highly unlikely that he's gonna choose a running mate that is further to the left than he is.
Keep in mind that McCain has earned a reputation as a maverick for a reason.

Yes, years ago.  And then he earned a reputation as being Bush Light.  Now he's trying to move left. 

If he had actually stuck with his maverick reputation, maybe.  At the moment, he's trying to appease the Bush right and the semi moderate left.  I don't personally think it will work well.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
That he changes sides more often than someone playing ping-pong solo?

Yup. Highly unreliable. The RG revolver of the political world - no telling if he'll blow up in your face and join with Ted Kennedy or do the job he was elected to do.

Antibubba

• friend
McCain is working hard to appear conservative.  I hope he understands that Bloomberg will sink him on that point.

What no one has brought up yet is how having a Jewish VP candidate will affect voting.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
McCain is working hard to appear conservative.  I hope he understands that Bloomberg will sink him on that point.

What no one has brought up yet is how having a Jewish VP candidate will affect voting.
You mean like Leiberman?  I don't think he hurt the Gore ticket at all.  Actually, during the veep debates, I thought he did great.  Didn't vote for him, but it had nothing to do with religion.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Antibubba

• friend
Yes, but Lieberman would've sat in the Veep office for 4-8 years.  Bloomberg (or any McCain VP) stands a good chance of moving to the Oval office rather quickly.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
Yes, but Lieberman would've sat in the Veep office for 4-8 years.  Bloomberg (or any McCain VP) stands a good chance of moving to the Oval office rather quickly.
Bloomberg's politics will get him into more trouble than his religion.  Similar to DC, you can't live in NYC without losing touch with the way off life of 90% of the rest of us in flyoverUSA.  Much to the surprise of many a New Yorker, the rest of the nation is quite different in terms of values, desire to be more than 3 meters away from your nearest neighbor, own a 2k sqft house that costs less than $5,000,000, etc.
As a nation, I think we admired Giuliani's managerial skills, not his values or politics. 
Shining in a crisis will get you a higher appearance fee, but might not extend your campaign past Florida.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com