Author Topic: CNN "Situation Room" rips Obama?!  (Read 2830 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
CNN "Situation Room" rips Obama?!
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
This was a shock. Obama's getting steamrolled by his (former) cheerleaders.

Video here

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: CNN "Situation Room" rips Obama?!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
Well, his "CNN Career has Ended" light just started blinking.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
It was meant to be an opinion piece, but on CNN, that is the wrong opinion.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:23 AM »
Let's hope the voters remember that crap come the mid-term elections this November.

Ouch.  That'll leave a mark.

My prediction is this:
Senate - 52-48.  My error band will be to not predict which party will be in the majority though.
House - 220-230 Republicans, 205-215 Democrats

Oops.  Would help if I properly spelled quote in the html tag.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:26:15 AM by sumpnz »
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
Your other safeguard is to make it look as if you're quoting someone else.   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

To be fair, Cafferty isn't shy about ripping conservatives as well.  Here's his take on Sarah Palin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
To be fair, Cafferty isn't shy about ripping conservatives as well.  Here's his take on Sarah Palin:

I'm cool with a journalist ripping folks where ripping is due.  I'm sure there was some editing involved, but that was an absolutely terrible interview.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »

A CNN journo ripping on Palin or other conservatives is hardly unusual.  In fact, when they stop I wonder what's going on.  Ripping on Obama and Pelosi, OTOH, in not SOP for them. 
Formerly sumpnz

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:48 AM »
Hell may have frozen over.  Flipped to CNN in the car (Sirius sat. rocks!) and they were being pretty critical of the idiotic waste in the Stimulus package, ripping on everything from the inflated jobs "created" and "saved" numbers to the $8,000 signs that line the highway anywhere a stimulus porkject is underway.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »
Hell may have frozen over.  Flipped to CNN in the car (Sirius sat. rocks!) and they were being pretty critical of the idiotic waste in the Stimulus package, ripping on everything from the inflated jobs "created" and "saved" numbers to the $8,000 signs that line the highway anywhere a stimulus porkject is underway.

"Welcome to the party, pal!"

They're almost a year late, but at least it's something.

Maybe next time they'll learn the government just creates waste?

Yeah, I doubt it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
Cafferty is at it again, this time ripping Pelosi:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/26/should-pelosi-have-to-explain-her-1-million-trip-to-copenhagen/?hpt=T2

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Hundreds of thousands of dollars.

That's how much it cost for a delegation of 59 people - led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi along with members of Congress, staff and in some cases spouses and kids - to go to Copenhagen, site of the Climate Summit, just before Christmas.

CBS News reports that for 21 Congressmen, food and rooms for two nights cost $4,400; and the Total hotel bill - including meeting rooms - was more than $400,000.

Pelosi used two military jets for herself and her party at a cost of more than $100,000 dollars in flight time.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money. This has nothing to do with the Obama administration officials who went to Denmark to actually attend the summit.

Pelosi filed the required expense report - but so far has failed to explain why it was necessary for her and her friends to make the trip to Copenhagen in the first place. Her arrogance is absolutely breathtaking. As for the high hotel charges, Pelosi's office says those who stayed two nights were charged a six-night minimum at the five-star Marriott. Information that was probably available before Pelosi and the freeloaders made their vacation plans.

Note to the House Speaker: We have skyrocketing deficits and national debt in this country. The President is talking about reigning in discretionary spending. I wonder if that would have included this junket by Pelosi and her friends. I would be curious to know where Nancy Pelosi gets her sense of entitlement to simply blow hundreds of thousands of dollars of our money at Christmas time so she and her pals can take a little trip to Copenhagen.

[At this rate, he may be working for Fox News by November.]
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
Shots across the bow, methinks.

The lefties are not eager to be disappointed by The One.  They wish to remind His Himness just exactly who is running the show, and what is expected of Him.

CNN and the others will return to slobbering adoration just as soon as Barry gets back on the right path.