Author Topic: Beware of the Sovereign Citizen!  (Read 2743 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Beware of the Sovereign Citizen!
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-usa-fbi-extremists-idUSTRE81600V20120207
These extremists, sometimes known as "sovereign citizens," believe they can live outside any type of government authority, FBI agents said at a news conference.

The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.
In other words, any one who isn't a dumbed-down sheep is now a terrrist. :police:

"We are being inundated right now with requests for training from state and local law enforcement on sovereign-related matters," said Casey Carty, an FBI supervisory special agent.
Federal take over of local police training... citizens are THE enemy.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
Re: Beware of the Sovereign Citizen!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
They're doing us a favor by laying out the game where everyone can see it.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »
Has there been some humongous surge of Sovereign Citizens lately?

Legal convictions of such extremists, mostly for white-collar crimes such as fraud, have increased from 10 in 2009 to 18 each in 2010 and 2011, FBI agents said.

Oh man, 18 in 2 different years. They're multiplying like rabbits!!  :O
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
http://sovereigncitizens.org/

Ah, there... I think I found the extremists' web page. I wouldn't click on that link unless you don't mind being put on a DHS-FBI-NSA-TSA-IRS evil terrorist watch list... :laugh:

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
You think you're not already on that list by being on this forum?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »
You think you're not already on that list by being on this forum?
Oh, but that's different. I so enjoy the inconsequential bantering with the members of this forum that it's a risk worth taking  :P

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/national-security/fbi-focused-on-sovereign-citizen-extremists-around-the-country-to-prevent-violence/2012/02/06/gIQA9UeuuQ_story.html
Another news article. The last part caught my eye:
Casey Carty, a supervisor in the bureau’s domestic terrorism section that leads the sovereign citizen extremist program, said that people in the sovereign citizen movement do not tend to gravitate to one specific part of the country and reside in nearly every state. Carty also said that age, gender and race are not consistent among the movement’s followers.

So either there is a unifying issue(s) that resonates across the country and all kinds of people, or they are laying the ground work to create a catch-all terrorist classification to pinch any one with political dissent in their breath? As in: "You don't agree with the Government? You must be a "sovereign citizen" extremist then... you certainly fit the profile".. which of course is any person of any age, race, gender and location. ???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:52:46 AM by Blakenzy »

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »
Or making sure Sovereign Citizens are already in the back of peoples minds when something happens. Sure hope none of you ever belonged to a Black Water Rod and Gun Club.  [tinfoil]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 01:06:09 AM »
I met one of those guys, a delusional annoying guy who wanted to keep blabbing about something about the gold fringe on a flag meant something, but he kept getting distracted by the marijuana pipe being passed around.

Eventually he was made to leave town.

Here in small small town northern NV they're libertarian-ish - they like freedom but hate talking politics unless ... they're getting free beer.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 01:14:16 AM »
Oh, but that's different. I so enjoy the inconsequential bantering with the members of this forum that it's a risk worth taking

So you'd risk your freedom just to argue with Fistful? ;)

Carl N. Brown

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »
Ever so often the FBI gets bored and looks for new enemies of the state. As Y2K approached, it was Millennial Cults: http://permanent.access.gpo.gov/lps3578/www.fbi.gov/library/megiddo/megiddo.pdf

Now they revive "menace" of the sovereign citizen or individual sovereignty theories. Back in the 1990s, G Eyclesheimer Ernst (GEErnst, Publius II, Gilbert Ernest McGill) of the one-man-act Firearms Policy Journal and Powtowmack Institute used to rant about the NRA/Libertarian individual rights interpretation of the Second Amendment and its "individual sovereignty" implications.

The FBI has gone crank. More than once.