Author Topic: Media Matters  (Read 1705 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Media Matters
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
I thought this article was interesting not so much regarding Media Matters' involvement with the Obama administration, but more so the parts about the head of Media Matters. I knew the guy was a kook, but I especially found funny the part where his assistant was carrying a handgun in DC because of Brock's fear of being attacked, which was weighed against Brock's fear of pissing off anti-gun George Soros. I love it when progressives have those "moral dilemmas".  :laugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/13/reports-media-matters-head-coordinates-with-white-house-builds-super-pac/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Media Matters
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »
While commanding considerable influence in Washington media and political corners, the DC report describes Brock as "volatile," "erratic" and struggling with mania, a mental illness that manifests itself in grandiose behavior. He has reportedly admitted to drug use, specifically cocaine, and has previously discussed entering the psych ward at Sibley Hospital in Northwest Washington.

Yikes! Scary *expletive deleted*it. That was a great read = thanks!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »
"Liberalism is a mental disorda!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DelanisJames

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:42:51 AM »
OMG that was something new which I wasn't aware of that. It's being good for sharing.
I am a jack wagon spammer.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »
A bit more on the Media Matters "concealed carry in DC" thing, which apparently is being ignored my the MSM.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/02/16/david-brock-media-matters-and-gun-control-hypocrisy/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
I heard something about this the other day but forgot to save the source. I think there is a lot more to this media matters thing.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 02:08:41 AM »
A bit more on the Media Matters "concealed carry in DC" thing, which apparently is being ignored my the MSM.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/02/16/david-brock-media-matters-and-gun-control-hypocrisy/

I was wondering too, I bet its off duty LE, my brother makes good money doing that, being able to conceal carry in places like DC/NYC etc can be lucrative.  Probably part of the reason they don't want nat reciprocity.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Carl N. Brown

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:28 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/12/inside-media-matters-sources-memos-reveal-erratic-behavior-close-coordination-with-white-house-and-news-organizations/1/
Tucker Carlson, Vince Coglianese, et al., "Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations", The Daily Caller, 15 Feb 2012.

"By 2010, BrockÆs personal assistant, a man named Haydn Price-Morris, was carrying a holstered and concealed Glock handgun when he accompanied Brock to events, including events in Washington, D.C., a city with famously restrictive gun laws. Price-Morris told others he carried the gun to protect Brock from threats. Late in 2010, other Media Matters employees learned about Price-MorrisÆs gun, and he was fired due to their objections. No public announcement was made."

http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/13/media-matters-memo-called-for-hiring-private-investigators-to-look-into-the-personal-lives-of-fox-employees/
Tucker Carlson, "Media Matters memo called for hiring private investigators æto look into the personal livesÆ of Fox employees", Daily Caller, 16 Feb 2012.