Author Topic: Newt's Historical Omissions On Facebook  (Read 1301 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Newt's Historical Omissions On Facebook
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/291018/historical-omissions-katrina-trinko#comment-486430

Newt Gingrich’s new Facebook timeline is the most extensive I’ve ever seen: it includes his date of birth, high school and college graduations, his daughters’ dates of birth, and reams of data about his accomplishments in Congress. What it doesn’t include: any mention of his first or second marriage. Apparently, it’s not just Millennials who are susceptible to the temptation to selectively edit their history on Facebook.

I couldn't resist punning around with this one:
Go easy on Newt. He likely ran up against the character limit.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Newt's Historical Omissions On Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »
Ooof. Apparently also a believer in revisionist history, but not recidivist history.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
They have Facebook pages now?  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:31:52 PM »

Go easy on Newt. He likely ran up against the character limit.

Ah, so many ways you could go with that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
I don't see why you'd expect anyone to put things on their facebook page that aren't complimentary . . . I mean, if you do facebook (I don't) would YOU enter anything along the lines of "And here's some dirt on me . . . " ?

Hmmm . . . as long as we're on the topic of omissions in one's personal history, since Ms. Trinko seems less than enthralled with Newt's facebook page, I have to ask - does Obama have a facebook page, and if so, did Ms. Trinko review that one as well?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »
My, my, my!

Looks like he also missed:

Married wife one
Fling with girlfriend
Wife one got sick
Dumped wife one
Married girlfriend
Fling with another girlfriend
Wife number two got sick
Dumped wife two
Married girlfriend
Jury still out on wife three.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »
I don't see why you'd expect anyone to put things on their facebook page that aren't complimentary . . . I mean, if you do facebook (I don't) would YOU enter anything along the lines of "And here's some dirt on me . . . " ?

That seems kind of obvious. How does NRO even publish that with a straight face?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 08:12:41 PM »
Newton is a serial adulterer.  If he has problems with the truth in his personal relationships, what makes anyone think that he does not have troubles with the truth everywhere else in his live.  Oh, sorry, he's a politician.  Lack of veracity is the number one qualification for that lifestyle.

Russ