Author Topic: This is Getting Nuts!  (Read 3445 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
This is Getting Nuts!
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:01 PM »
At Dogs Against Romney rally, lots of humans against Romney

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/lots-humans-against-romney-dogs-against-romney-rally-204043816.html

NEW YORK--Kitty Hendrix doesn't even own a dog. But the New York City-based actress led a rally Tuesday to call attention to what she described as one of the "most inhumane" and "horrifying" instances of animal treatment she said she'd ever heard of: The increasingly legendary tale of how Mitt Romney once drove from Boston to Canada with the family dog in a carrier strapped on top of the car.

Asked how she knew—since the Romney campaign hasn't publicly addressed Seamus's fate—Hendrix replied, "I read it online."

This chick does not even own a dog.
Six people showed up to her 'rally'.
She needs a real life, other than the internet....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: This is Getting Nuts!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »
while i probablywould never do that with a mutt of mine. how is what he did worse than a dog in the back of the pickup
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »
It would have been better had the signs looked like they were written with a paw. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
Dog in crate on the car?  Color me not outraged.

As my name might suggest, I've routinely transported 16 or so dogs in boxes bolted to the back of my truck.  Sometimes hundreds of miles, in the cold, sometimes two to a box (If they're smaller dogs).  They're fine.  In fact, most of the time they excitedly jumped in because they knew they got to run on the other end of the car ride.  I guess I'll never be President.

Behold! My truck specifically modified to transport a dog team torture helpless dogs:

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
I would never do that with a dog of mine either.

I suspect that this clown unknown actress, who does not own a dog, and believes the internet to be gospel, is not an animal rights crusader, but looking to bolster her own career and communicate her personal hatred of Romney at the same time.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »
yea in my family my wife would drive and they'd strap me to the roof while mutts rode inside.  but thats less an indictment of romney than an indication that my family is a bit warped
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »
Dog in crate on the car?  Color me not outraged.

Behold! My truck specifically modified to transport a dog team torture helpless dogs:

Dude - that's awesome. Where is that?

My guess, from what I've read of the incident, is that the dog may have just freaked out facing forward. Apparently Romney "specially designed" a windshield for the dog crate. At 65MPH, if it was poorly built, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of noise and rattling from wind pressure. Irish Setters I have come in contact with have pretty much all been kind of flaky and skittish to begin with. I'd bet if he had put the carrier on the roof with the carrier door facing rearwards, he may not have had the poop problem.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
We are all strapped to the roof of Obama's Volt...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »
Dude - that's awesome. Where is that?

That's my parents house outside Chugiak, AK.  My Datsun was the "dog truck" used to cart me and my dog team all over AK and parts of Canada while I was in HS and shortly after before I joined the Army and moved away.  That pic is probably spring '97 or so.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
That's my parents house outside Chugiak, AK.  My Datsun was the "dog truck" used to cart me and my dog team all over AK and parts of Canada while I was in HS and shortly after before I joined the Army and moved away.  That pic is probably spring '97 or so.

I used to live "outside Chugiak" (AFAIK, all of "Chugiak" is/was outside Chugiak, except perhaps for the inside of the post office :D ).

Anyway, I lived a couple blocks behind the high school, in 1978/1979 :)

I drove the school bus up to Peters Creek/Eklutna.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 07:16:36 AM »
Huh, small world.

We lived about a mile and a half down S. Birchwood loop from the high school.  What are the odds?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 07:28:18 AM »
Huh, small world.

We lived about a mile and a half down S. Birchwood loop from the high school.  What are the odds?

I also drove the north end activity bus which of course included all of Birchwood loop.  The little cabin where I lived was right across the dirt street ("Hilltop" ?) from the south side of the ski/running trails behind the HS.  I used to hike back there a lot in the summer.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
I also drove the north end activity bus which of course included all of Birchwood loop.  The little cabin where I lived was right across the dirt street ("Hilltop" ?) from the south side of the ski/running trails behind the HS.  I used to hike back there a lot in the summer.

Sadly, that's a subdivision now. They built an elementary school back in there too.  I spent many a summer (and winter) on the ski trails, and over in Beech Lake Park.  We built dogsled trails all throughout Beech Lake park, and connected them to the training area's on the backside of Ft. Richardson.  With the right phone call to Range Control you can park at the high school, ski of through those trails take a couple unmarked turns and have about 75mi of trail and wilderness to play in.  Great fun. Even if you have to transport dogs in boxes.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
Sadly, that's a subdivision now.

Crap, I thought the school owned it.  =(

One time I hiked all the way down to the Knik Arm shore, through Ft Richardson  :O

Didn't see anyone, but I did shelter under big trees whenever I heard a chopper nearby.

Only time I ever got anything approaching lost: on the way back I heard the train whistle behind me and knew I must have circled around back towards the water.  There is no lay of the land down there.  Little creeks just pop up and then disappear in valleys with hills on all sides.

The beach is a mucky mess and you don't want to go down off the bluffs.  ;)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 08:06:40 AM »
An observation about jumping to conclusions because of headlines.

I didn't read any of the articles about Romney and his dog.  Just the headlines.  By being uninformed in this way, the impression I got was that the dog was tied to the roof of the car, out in the open.  I might jump to another conclusion by saying I bet a good deal of people got the same impression I did.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw