Author Topic: Lawyers in CO?  (Read 18203 times)

Stetson

• friends
Re: Lawyers in CO?
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2009, 07:34:28 AM »
Ahh, this says so much.  We used to cut through Aurora on the way to the ranch in Elizabeth.  Now we go around, through Castle Rock.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
No, no one else was arrested. I was just informed by my lawyer that the "illegal weapon" in question, a knife made by DL Knives and heat treated by Paul Bos has "disappeared". It can't be destroyed, it's been "lost" - just in time, too, since there won't be a trial. How nice.  :mad:

just for closure - were any of the other folks you were with arrested?  I'm especially curious about the one who was open carrying.

None. I wasn't even arrested, just issued a summons - I'm the ONLY one they decided to do anything with. Not so coincidentally, I'm also the whitest.  =(

I recommend you do what I did when I learned the local police and legal system were overly crooked.  Move immediately.

We leave Monday to look at apartments elsewhere. SCREW. THIS. PLACE.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 12:21:17 PM »
Wow, and here I was thinking Colorado might be a nice place to live someday. Wtf town was this anyway? Pm if you don't wanna say in the open.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 12:23:53 PM »
Good idea to move.  If you had gone to court and won, the police chief just might have made a project out of you.  Then you would never of had peace.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

PTK

• friends
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 12:26:02 PM »
Balog,

Aurora, Colorado.

scanr,

My thinking exactly. I'm sure I'm already on so many unofficial officials' *expletive deleted*it lists...

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
Few things I hate worse than corruption and abuse of power.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2009, 12:30:27 PM »
Well, I guess it could have gone a lot worse.  That is BS though, what law were they saying you violated?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
Few things I hate worse than corruption and abuse of power.
Tarring and feathering is the traditional way to cure those tendencies, right?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

PTK

• friends
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »
That is BS though, what law were they saying you violated?

Carrying an illegal weapon. Not only do I have a permit, the item in question was within legal limits, not concealed, etc. IT WAS A KNIFE.

They couldn't swing things or gray things up to nail any of us for guns, so they nailed just me for a knife. In Colorado, if you're carrying a knife, if it's established that it is a weapon, it's illegal. If it's over 3.5" in blade length, then it's legal for hunting/sporting/camping use, or culinary use. Legal to carry, but not concealed.

My lawyer, after looking at the law, how it was carried, etc., was very confident that not only would I get my property back, but that I wouldn't be fined or anything. Unfortunately, all three police at the scene decided to lie (or, if you'd like to go the official route, I'm lying, my SO is lying, the videotape is wrong, the shop owner is wrong, and the other groups of people in the shop who were eating are also wrong) and say that it was carried concealed, that I stated repeatedly that it was intended to be used as an offensive weapon (mind you, not defensive, OFFENSIVE), and that I seemed "eager for violence".

I was eating a sandwich. In a subshop. With friends. SITTING DOWN EATING.

"Eager for violence"? I walk with a cane due to multiple ankle injuries and problems with severe pain due to nerve damage and arthritis.

"Eager for violence"?  :mad:

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
I'd say a call to the state Attorney General is in order.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
I guarantee you that it doesn't matter - the way it's prosecuted is that if the PROSECUTOR and WITNESSES establish that it's a weapon, it's illegal. Period.

At this point, I'd rather not stir the pot and think I should just get the hell out of here.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »
I'd say a call to the state Attorney General is in order.

Brad

We are talking liberal Co.  If he does that, I would do it from Wyoming.  If a person is willing to put up with the abuse...  Unless the AG doesn't like the DA, I don't see anything coming from it.  The DA will tell the AG that PTK plead guilty and that will end it.  Obviously, he was guilty, otherwise he would not have pleaded.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:12:55 PM by scanr »
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »
I wonder how difficult a malicious prosecution suit is to file. If video, witnesses etc all agree...

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2009, 02:26:48 PM »
Such BS that you had to deal with this. :mad: Especially the bit about the jury.  That crap really depresses me. 

Like others have said, it's good to hear you got off without a hit to your rights.  I am thinking that this is the most important point out of this whole thing, you can still buy guns!  Sorry again that you had to go through all this stress though. 

In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »
We are talking liberal Co.  If he does that, I would do it from Wyoming.  If a person is willing to put up with the abuse...  Unless the AG doesn't like the DA, I don't see anything coming from it.  The DA will tell the AG that PTK plead guilty and that will end it.  Obviously, he was guilty, otherwise he would not have pleaded.

Unfortunately that is completely true.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2009, 06:01:04 PM »
Wow, and here I was thinking Colorado might be a nice place to live someday. Wtf town was this anyway? Pm if you don't wanna say in the open.

Aurora, Colorado is a sh**hole suburb of Denver.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"