Author Topic: The New "Doctor"....Who?  (Read 1376 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
The New "Doctor"....Who?
« on: December 31, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »
The new doctor is played by Peter Capaldi. Don't know what to think of him just yet. It will be hard to follow Matt Smith, He really breathed some life into his role as the "Doctor".
I didn't like the last couple of changes at first, Christopher Ecclestan to David Tenant, and Tenant to Matt Smith. I did grow to like them both, so maybe Capaldi will grow on me as well. At least I hope so. Matt Smith really freshened up the role, making the Doctor way less serious.
I guess "time" will tell. pun intended
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

freakazoid

• friend
Re: The New "Doctor"....Who?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:34:59 PM »
I'm not very familiar with the whole Doctor Who, only seen a few episodes. Don't know why, what I've seen has been good just never picked it up in my viewing habits. I did go see the episode they broadcasted in theaters with a friend who is into the show, Day of the Doctor, very good!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Daniel964

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 05:19:33 AM »
I stopped watching the show when Tom Baker quit playing the doctor.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:03:50 AM »

As a Tom Baker fan myself I suggest you pick up the SciFi/BBC series from the beginning and start watching. A lot of real good episodes. I've drifted away and am several seasons behind again. Eventually I'll get cable or internet again and I'll catch up.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:13:20 AM »

Tom Baker/Peter Davidson/Colin Baker eras where my favorites.  I catch the newer series occasionally, but they just lack the fun of the older older series.

Oh, and I did find Rowan Atkinson's Dr. rather smashing.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 11:43:01 AM »
Tom Baker/Peter Davidson/Colin Baker eras where my favorites.  I catch the newer series occasionally, but they just lack the fun of the older older series.

Oh, and I did find Rowan Atkinson's Dr. rather smashing.

While I personally prefer David Tenant, Matt Smith brought a lot of that fun back(The Fez, after all).  Judging by Peter Capaldi's first line he plans on continuing that as well.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 12:03:21 PM »
I've only seen a few episodes w/ Matt Smith.  Mrs Z kind of likes him, but thinks he is too silly.

I just got caught up on all the David Tenant specials (really liked Waters of Mars) off a DVD set bought a few months ago, now gotta see if the Matt Smiths are available on Amazon Prime video...
"It's good, though..."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 05:35:36 PM »
I thought we could keep our current doctor if we liked them? ???

Chris

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 06:41:06 PM »
I thought we could keep our current doctor if we liked them? ???

Chris

:rofl: :rofl:
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 07:43:52 PM »
Win.
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »
I never really cared for Smith....too slapstick. Give me Tom Baker or Eccleston any day....

I'll give Capaldi a chance....esp. if he keeps Clara...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.