Author Topic: pack, not herd  (Read 724 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
pack, not herd
« on: November 11, 2013, 08:05:17 AM »
What a great story to wake up and find:

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/small-georgia-town-forms-posse-corners-armed-robbery-suspect-20131108

Criminals take note; You're taking a chance if you try to ply your trade in the Dodge County town of Rhine. Local law enforcement is praising townspeople for some de facto community policing, after tracking down and helping catch an armed robbery suspect.

For 60-year-old Ken Lowery the commotion began around 2:30 Thursday afternoon as he stepped inside Aden's convenience store and encountered the store clerk in distress.

"The lady screamed at me and said 'I've been robbed, he's got a gun, and I gave him all the money,'" Lowery recalled.

Lowery says he saw the suspected gunman, identified as 24-year-old Damien Durham of Wilcox County, walking down the street making a nonchalant getaway. Witnesses say it was a bizarre sight, but what happened next was even more unbelievable.

"People just kept coming around and they were mad, people in Rhine were mad," Lowery said. "Here we had an armed robbery in the middle of the day at Aden's and they wanted to form a posse."

Lowery says more than 20 people, many of them armed, spread out looking for the gunman, in trucks and on foot.

"We didn't have no leader of it all, we just went all our separate ways and the people in Rhine they knew they were going to get that rascal," Lowery said.

The dread "warning shot" was involved, but I'm almost willing to overlook that.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: pack, not herd
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:02:09 AM »
Any bets on how long it takes for a federal civil rights lawsuit?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: pack, not herd
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »
Any bets on how long it takes for a federal civil rights lawsuit?

Well, since nobody was acting under color of law, I don't see how he could sue.

Yeah, I know there are other statutes that might apply.  More fun if the guy tries to sue the PD for nor protecting him from an armed mob and finds out there is no duty to do so. =D

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.