Author Topic: 30 infuriating images  (Read 2527 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
30 infuriating images
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »
that will trigger your OCD

http://dunzo.net/30-infuriating-images-that-will-trigger-your-ocd/

Most are apparently images of things done intentionally.

#7 is just strange.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: 30 infuriating images
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:16:33 PM »
BMUP
:rofl:

Dyslexia can take OCD in a fight.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
I must not be OCD.  I can look at all of them without anything much being triggered.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »
Is it possible to be somewhat OCD, but not be a neat freak?
I have to admit that many of those pics drive me crazy. That said, I can be a disorganized clutter bug
Under certain circumstances.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »
I'm that guy that will see a perfectly lined up row of something, flip one of them, and watch just to see who straightens it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »
I'm that guy that will see a perfectly lined up row of something, flip one of them, and watch just to see who straightens it.

Usually that would be me.

Lee,
I'm the same. None of those where things that drive me batty. The messed up tiles where obnoxious, but other then that, nothing got me worked up.

Now, a book with the spine upside down in the shelf, a spoon in the fork slot of the silverwear orginizer, or stuff heaped instead of stacked and I would have gritted my teeth.
I have been known to reorder someone elses bookshelves. I can take not orginized by author or subject, but they need to have the spines correctly aligned all together.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »
#4 should have been made our of peas  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »

and me.  i constantly catch myself aligning papers, and making other things square.   i am curious about the misplaced tile theme, but it doesn't drive me crazy.  (i would've witheld final payment for the idiot to fix it however.)
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 08:10:52 PM »
Usually that would be me.

Lee,
I'm the same. None of those where things that drive me batty. The messed up tiles where obnoxious, but other then that, nothing got me worked up.

Now, a book with the spine upside down in the shelf, a spoon in the fork slot of the silverwear orginizer, or stuff heaped instead of stacked and I would have gritted my teeth.
I have been known to reorder someone elses bookshelves. I can take not orginized by author or subject, but they need to have the spines correctly aligned all together.

It takes a packrat to tell the difference.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »
It takes a packrat to tell the difference.

This packrat knows the diffrence, thankyouverymuch!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
#10, #21, and #24 definitely got a reaction out of me.  The rest, nada.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Lee

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:35 PM »
I think my wife buys different sizes and types of drinking glasses just to irritate me.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 10:18:46 PM »

I had a boss that was OCD. When she was out of the office I would go around and just slightly move many things out of place. Then watch her return to the office and put everything back in order...completely unaware of what she was doing.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 07:18:07 AM »
Some of them like the bathroom tile, and the BMUP on the street, make me laugh, because I did work with a city maintenence crew one summer in high school, and a couple of those guys were so lazy and apathetic about the work they would do things like that, just to get things done as fast as possible so they could go back to the garage for coffee.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 08:37:50 AM »
One of the guys I served with at Seal Beach NWS was OCD.  We used to move things around on his barracks room.  One shoe would be 1/8 inch of center or his books would not be sorted by height (not glaringly obvious).  He finally snapped.  Drove to Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego (weird because we were right by Long Beach) and checked himself in for anxiety issues.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
Is it possible to be somewhat OCD, but not be a neat freak?
I have to admit that many of those pics drive me crazy. That said, I can be a disorganized clutter bug
Under certain circumstances.

I am the same. Certain things push my crazy button (like most of those pictures), but my garage is a mess. My desk may be messy but, it makes me crazy if it's not "properly" aligned with the wall.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »
I think that the DPW guys had probably just gotten a lecture on doing things by the book and not questioning the chain of command, and the work order said "BMUP" on it.  No laziness there.  :angel:
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »
I am the same. Certain things push my crazy button (like most of those pictures), but my garage is a mess. My desk may be messy but, it makes me crazy if it's not "properly" aligned with the wall.

Yeah, that's me.  ;/

Bi-polar OCD  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »
What I would start doing with at least some of those (#1) for instance, is start looking for patterns.

#3 and #6 are just funny.

#11.  Seriously, you haven't had this happen before?  Get used to it.  Ditto #14.

#19.  Not to self, do floor in a Penrose tile pattern.  That would be so cool!  In a seriously geeky way, of course.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.