Author Topic: Republicans are going to screw us on gun issues  (Read 914 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Waitone

• friend
Re: Republicans are going to screw us on gun issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »
You're surprised, right?  It was bound to happen.  Establishment republicans have determined the center of the political spectrum is where they need to be.  What better way to introduce the New and Improved Kinder and Gentler Republican party than to knife former allies.

What they are missing is such actions will coalesce actions to form a new party.  I can't think of a stupider (or more stupid) move. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:30:32 AM »
You're surprised, right?  It was bound to happen.  Establishment republicans have determined the center of the political spectrum is where they need to be.  What better way to introduce the New and Improved Kinder and Gentler Republican party than to knife former allies.

What they are missing is such actions will coalesce actions to form a new party.  I can't think of a stupider (or more stupid) move. 

Surprised ?  No. Republicans going to screw us.  Like asking if water is wet. 3rd party, not going to happen anytime soon on a national level. I just hope and pray that when the stupid laws get passed and enforcement is attempted, we all take a stand and collectively state "pound sand"
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »
Coburn has declined to comment on the talks, saying recently that “I don’t negotiate through the press.”

"I'm about to give gun owners the BIG raping of their lifetimes, and I don't want to show my hand."

Democrats say that keeping records of private sales is necessary to enforce any new law

Which is precisely why it is a terrible idea.

have agreed that any new background check program would exempt private transactions between family members or people who completed a background check in order to obtain a concealed-carry permit, according to aides.

I forsee a lot of folks finally gtting around to getting a CCL.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 09:24:13 AM »
"I'm about to give gun owners the BIG raping of their lifetimes, and I don't want to show my hand."

Which is precisely why it is a terrible idea.

I forsee a lot of folks finally gtting around to getting a CCL.
Lol, unintended consequence :laugh:.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
Lol, unintended consequence :laugh:.

Especially if it's worded in such a way that res/non res doesn't matter. Utah turns into a CHL mill for people who want to maintain their ability to f2f?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog