Author Topic: Republican Party Favorability?  (Read 706 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Republican Party Favorability?
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:37:58 PM »
Republican Party Favorability Highest in Seven Years
https://news.gallup.com/poll/242906/republican-party-favorability-highest-seven-years.aspx
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Forty-five percent of Americans now have a favorable view of the Republican Party, a nine-point gain from last September's 36%. It is the party's most positive image since it registered 47% in January 2011, shortly after taking control of the House in the 2010 midterm elections. Forty-four percent give the Democratic Party a favorable rating.
I hope this foreshadows the November election, but I hate to be too optimistic. 

This next one may or may not be related, but interesting when it comes to handicapping the November election.  Could be just local politics in Texas.
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/09/19/how-pete-flores-upset-democrat-win-texas-state-senate-seat/
How Texas Democrats lost a state Senate seat amid talk of a blue wave
Republican Pete Flores won a State Senate election this month in a runoff election to fill a vacant seat.  The vacancy was made by a Democrat who was convicted of felonies.  This was in the San Antonio area and everyone predicted the Democrat candidates would win the seat easily. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Republican Party Favorability?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
Polls are polls are polls. Nevertheless,  I do find it interesting that it's a Gallup poll; that it has been a long while since we've seen one skew in this direction; and that it happened in the middle of TDS, where, according to the MSM, 95% of Americans hate Republicans.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »
Really?  Weird.  I hate the Republican Party.  But only because when they say "Republican" things, they are lying.  Well, most of them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:57:41 PM by BTR »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »
Really?  Weird.  I hate Republicans politicians.  But only because when they say "Republican" things, they are lying.  Well, most of them.

Edited to ensure accuracy.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:05:48 PM »
Edited to ensure accuracy.
I would say QFT, but the site doesn't allow quoting of quotes.   =D

It may be because of where I am, but I just feel like nothing has changed with Democrats since 2016 and if anything Trump is more popular.  Democrats have doubled down and gone further left.  Republicans passed tax cuts and removed the Obamacare tax.  IMO, Republicans aren't necessarily better, but look less totalitarian than Democrats and look like the safer choice.  I guess that means I think mostly Democrats have done it to themselves.  

It remains to be seen if Congressional Republicans will come out looking like decent representatives this week or worthless cowards.  I think a failure would outweigh a big chunk of good will they currently have.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:53:29 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge