Author Topic: Obama visiting CIA, prosecuting former interrogators?  (Read 21934 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Obama visiting CIA, prosecuting former interrogators?
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2009, 10:39:52 PM »
Methinks they'll scapegoat a few members of the Bush legal team to assuage their collective consciences pander to their base, and then feel justified enough with that to go no further.

As an expert scapegoat, I FTFY.

I could be wrong, and have been before.  Regardless, I'm holding off on calling my buddies in Air Staff for RUMINT until CNN tells me otherwise. 

Hee-hee, RUMINT, hee-hee.   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Holy Crap: Obama at CIA Today
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
I did not say that, so don't say I did. I said the left and the media are the ones blowing the trumpet over any imagination of torture. How about answering Longeyes original point and the one I agree with. Now the people on the pointy end of the stick are hesistating while their enemies are not. The people here screaming about waterboarding and Gitmo want us to fail, they crave an emasculated America for some reason I do not understand.

I guess I have a different definition of torture than you do. "Interrogation" is sitting at a table, and you ask me questions. "Torture" is when I say "I can't tell you anything else," and you then proceed to abuse me to force something out of me.

Be honest -- when that boatload of British Navy types were grabbed by Iran some months ago, basicly they were detained separately, deprived of sleep, and perhaps not fed three squares ever day. They were reported as having been "tortured." Yet you want to claim that waterboarding and other "harsh interrogation techniques" aren't torture? Gimme a break. If you would complain if you were the subject -- it's torture. If I had been captured in Vietnam and subjected to waterboarding or some of those other forms of "harsh iterrogation techniques" -- I'd be telling people I was tortured.

We can't hold the moral high ground if we adopt a double standard. Anything we would call torture if done to our people has to be acknowledged as torture if/when we do it to the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »
Truth is, circumstances matter.

qft   

remember the officer that was shafted for "torturing the prisoner?  pointing his sidearm at him and firing it close by his head implying next round would be 10 ring   did it to get some immediate intel in order to better bring more of his guys home intact. guy wasn't hurt beyond tinitinitis though my memory is foggy they may have smacked him some.some pusillanimous witness squealed . in my book he walks with thanks and we gig abscam jack in his stead
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »
That thing about assumptions....

http://www.amazon.com/Defense-Internment-Round-Up-Americas-Terror/dp/0895260514/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240689375&sr=1-2
I have also found that those of Philippine heritage are not so sympathetic to the tale of woe that is the usual for this topic.

heck count me as a 1/2 japanese with relatives that were in those camps who understood em.  inot happy about em but understood em
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Holy Crap: Obama at CIA Today
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2009, 01:19:29 PM »
If you would complain if you were the subject -- it's torture.

Oh, so every prisoner everywhere is being tortured on a daily basis? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2009, 01:48:25 PM »
After 5 pages, this one's passed the silliness quotient. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"