Author Topic: 86M workers, 148M benefit takers  (Read 890 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
86M workers, 148M benefit takers
« on: April 17, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »
http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/86m-full-time-private-sector-workers-sustain-148m-benefit-takers

Given that it specifies "means tested" programs would it be safe to assume no overlap in the two groups?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: 86M workers, 148M benefit takers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »
The 148m includes ssecurity medicare vet retirres and othe similar types.  The means tested benefit...welcare... portion looks like 108m.

But the 84m or so of workers also contains folk who get the unearned income tax credit which is welfare.  And one of the most fraud ridden.

So the numbers are still horrifying even with the ss and medicare and military retirees backed out because it is fewer than 84m supporting the whole inverted and perverted pyramid of entitlement.

It will fall and even ss and medicare and military retirees will take it up the poop chute.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: 86M workers, 148M benefit takers
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »
The 148m includes ssecurity medicare vet retirres and othe similar types.  The means tested benefit...welcare... portion looks like 108m.

But the 84m or so of workers also contains folk who get the unearned income tax credit which is welfare.  And one of the most fraud ridden.

So the numbers are still horrifying even with the ss and medicare and military retirees backed out because it is fewer than 84m supporting the whole inverted and perverted pyramid of entitlement.

It will fall and even ss and medicare and military retirees will take it up the poop chute.

And guess who's going to go on the chopping block first? (He's a hint- it's not the unconstitutional spending.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
And guess who's going to go on the chopping block first? (He's a hint- it's not the unconstitutional spending.)

[detroit]If we don't increase taxes how can we pave the roads?!?![/detroit]
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 11:55:36 AM »
[detroit]If we don't increase taxes how can we pave the roads?!?![/detroit]

I really shouldn't have laughed out loud at that, given how sad that truth is.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought