Author Topic: Winter storm  (Read 1252 times)

drewtam

• friend
Winter storm
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »
We just had an interesting snow thunderstorm. Great big peals of blue lightening arched across the sky, while snow flakes the size of quarters fell quickly as if it was a spring rain. Pretty neat. Too bad I couldn't capture any pictures; I was only able to stand on the porch and enjoy. As quickly and furiously it came, it stopped. It dumped about 2" in less than 2 hours. The snow was falling so fast, that as I dusted one side of the car the other side had already accumulated enough to obscure the window. Peoria just had a the small wing of the main storm that swept across central Illinois. I don't know if the main section was snow or rain.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Winter storm
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »
I got outside for the first time in about a week today.

And then it started hailing.

I need to buy a new vent cover for my trailer.

Blog under construction

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »
We're about to get four or five days of sun, which will help us unsoggify.  Then more rain, which means more snowpack up the hill.  It's turning into a very good winter.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 06:48:38 PM »
I got outside for the first time in about a week today.

And then it started hailing.

I need to buy a new vent cover for my trailer. 

Trailer.  Do you live in one, or tow one?  Or both? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »

grin
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 05:37:22 AM »
Ice here this AM in Central Iowa.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:39:16 AM »

grin

Whenever I see one of those sustained, huge bolts that just hangs there, or multiple bolts striking the same place, I always wonder if someone over there found a very old, old book in an attic and read from it a forbidden word that should not be said, or somesuch.  cheesy

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 05:58:18 AM »

Whenever I see one of those sustained, huge bolts that just hangs there, or multiple bolts striking the same place, I always wonder if someone over there found a very old, old book in an attic and read from it a forbidden word that should not be said, or somesuch.  cheesy

Actually not that far off.  Ever seen those ancient AM transmitters?  Ever rigged one up to a timer right before a storm?  Ever gather your fellow soldiers and start chanting to the Dark Elder Gods to smite the heathen, feeble humans? 

For some reason, not many officers stopped by my office after that... 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.