Author Topic: Winnie The Pooh  (Read 651 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Winnie The Pooh
« on: October 26, 2023, 02:10:13 PM »
https://www.azfamily.com/2023/10/19/4th-graders-left-traumatized-after-teacher-played-winnie-pooh-horror-film-class-parents-say/

Oops.

I think the filmmaker missed a great opportunity with the sequel title though.  Should something more like "Winnie The Pooh: Tigger Kills Too"
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Winnie The Pooh
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 02:16:29 PM »
His full name is actually Winston the *expletive deleted*it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 08:56:34 AM »
Double post.  Please delete.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 09:33:27 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 09:28:41 AM »
Referring to the original book, I was told it was Winfred the Excrement.  Much more genteel and refined.

Apparently, some of the kids wanted this movie, and the teacher, understandably or not, had no real reason to research it for suitability.  I won't "give her a pass" on it, but I can at least understand her original position... which was "no position."

I generally hate the "Hallowed Evening" time of year because of all the TVHeads going bonkers over horror-type programming.  Some of it goes overboard, and overboard begets yet more overboard stuff as the years go on.

Also, its root as the hallowed evening before All Saints Day and that ir's a cross-quarter day (Samhein) in the pagan "Wheel of the Year" is all forgotten.

There's enough natural horror in the world today without creating more for "entertainment."  Oh, you know... like beheading babies and the like.

Terry, 230RN

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 09:31:14 AM »
Quoting yourself for special effect, or just bored, Terry?  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 01:14:08 PM »
. . . I think the filmmaker missed a great opportunity with the sequel title though.  Should something more like "Winnie The Pooh: Tigger Kills Too"
Then the howls of anguish from people who were triggered by Tigger . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 01:19:32 PM »
Then the howls of anguish from people who were triggered by Tigger . . .

My daughters elem school's mascot was Tigger until a new principal decided it wasn't PC
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 01:22:55 PM »
My daughters elem school's mascot was Tigger until a new principal decided it wasn't PC
Maybe he decided that since orange man bad, cat with orange stripes bad, too.

Another  :facepalm:  idiot running a school.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 01:26:05 PM »
Maybe he decided that since orange man bad, cat with orange stripes bad, too.

Another  :facepalm:  idiot running a school.

She actually, this was before Trump became the left's fascist boogeyman.
I think it was more what the word Tigger rhymes with that had to do with it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 01:36:10 PM »
Kind of a side note to the above is that my brother suggested naming one of cats Tigger. I said said I ain't hollering that out the door.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 03:32:50 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2023, 04:14:42 AM »
I don't know if it speaks well of me or ill, but I've never put "Tigger" and its rhyming reference together.

Go ahead, K Frame.  You know you have to. LOL

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2023, 07:51:24 AM »
Tigger, Trigger, Bigger...

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2023, 08:16:50 AM »
Tigger, Trigger, Bigger...
Rigger, Digger, Jigger, Vigor . . .