Author Topic: Python Eats Deer  (Read 1575 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Python Eats Deer
« on: October 29, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
Remind me to never go unarmed in the Everglades.

Snakes. It had to be snakes.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/29/16-foot-python-found-in-florida-everglades-had-eaten-deer/?test=faces
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Python Eats Deer
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
Do they allow python hunting in the glades? seems like harvesting them for the skin could be profitable and good for indigenous animals, don't they make cool boots out of snake skin?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 04:20:30 PM »
16 foot?  You could make a * * coat out of it.

Do they allow python hunting in the glades?

The story says it was a Burmese python.  You could make a case for hunting it, as an invasive species.

And was I the only one to read the thread title and immediately think of the Colt revolver?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 04:35:02 PM »
From what I gathered from the article that was what they were doing, looking for snakes that don't belong.  At 16 foot that would be a good dinner, boots, a belt and holster.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
So do they offer a bounty for pythons?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lee

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
A friend of mine used to use a Python to shoot gators.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
16 foot?  You could make a * * coat out of it.

The story says it was a Burmese python.  You could make a case for hunting it, as an invasive species.

And was I the only one to read the thread title and immediately think of the Colt revolver?
Coat my backside! More like a comforter!

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 09:33:52 PM »
A friend of mine used to use a Python to shoot gators.
FTW!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »
Hardin says the python had recently consumed a 76-pound female deer that had died.

quite the shame, that they couldn't save the deer
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 05:39:17 PM »
<----Goes off to plan an occupy Everglades protest. 90% of South Florida uses 150% of the 'Glades available water, or 50% of hippies are eaten by gators, 50% by giant freakin' snakes. We won't put that on the signs, might tip the one literate one off.

Snakes on a boat with a plane motor? Is Samuel L. busy?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.