Author Topic: More proof that the goal of schools is indoctrination, not education  (Read 377 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/social-justice-curricula-having-measurable-impact-on-students-study-finds/

Study shows that "Both critical race theory and radical gender ideology are widespread in American schools and are measurably shifting students to the political left."

The role of education should not be to shift students to the left or to the right, but to teach them how to think so they can decide for themselves which way they want to lean.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: More proof that the goal of schools is indoctrination, not education
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 04:59:11 PM »

The role of education should not be to shift students to the left or to the right, but to teach them how to think so they can decide for themselves which way they want to lean.

In the current environment, any actual education would shift students to the right.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: More proof that the goal of schools is indoctrination, not education
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 08:24:02 AM »
I saw some "liberal" nonsense spouted by a few teachers when I was in school, though nothing as insane as what's being pushed today. It didn't take very well, since we were children of the WWII generation and in most cases our parent's down-to-earth realism rubbed off on us.

When I read about what's going on in some schools these days, I find myself thinking it's time to bring out the tar and feathers again . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain