Author Topic: whale wars  (Read 5615 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
whale wars
« on: July 25, 2009, 12:57:47 AM »
ever watch this circus? matterof time before they kill some folks  maybe a bunch of folks
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Stand_watie

• friend
Re: whale wars
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
ever watch this circus? matterof time before they kill some folks  maybe a bunch of folks

Off and on for about a year. I've been amazed at the restraint the Japanese "whalers" (research scientists, whatever) have shown.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:09:32 AM »
the moon bats are a hoot. never knew that many kids had trust funds
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
the moon bats are a hoot. never knew that many kids had trust funds

What do you think about the Japanese whaler's response?

I think it is very restrained compared to American thinking,

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:37:11 AM by Stand_watie »
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 06:10:13 AM »
wait till they get someone killed  though we can hope it happens as the steve erwin goes glug glug.  then folks should sue  and sue all the high profile folks who pony up money to keep the pirate ship afloat

nico

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 07:33:52 AM »
The funniest thing is what babies they all are.  They complain about the whalers passing close to their bow, and talk about how they have a right to defend themselves, then they actively try to disable the whalers' ships and complain more when the whalers try to stop them from doing that. 

The icing on the cake was the episode last night (I think it was a repeat) where their "prop fouler" got shredded by the whalers' prop, so they tried using it again, then the whalers pulled it out of the water before the moonbats could.  Their big concern was that the whalers would use it against them. . . yeah, because in the two seasons of that show, the "prop fouler" has worked so well.  Retards.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »
Bunch of morons.  These people are even worse then idiots who follow hunters into the woods banging pots and *expletive deleted*it.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
I think it's kind of funny. The crew of the Steve Irwin engages in vandalism at sea. Isn't that illegal? And dangerous? They should be held financially responsible for any damages they cause.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
Let the French Navy handle this one, they fixed the Rainbow Warrior right up. Do-gooder morons.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »
The French Navy had little to do with the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior.

She was sunk by operatives of the DGSE, with some French Naval officers having transported the explosives via yacht to NZ.

The Vega was boarded by French naval troops at one point.

I went to work for GreenPeace shortly after the bombing and found myself talking to all sorts of folks who thought and probably still think GreenPeace sunk a French naval vessel. A few even told me "they researched it" which is why I'm never surprised when the most unlikely things have a lot of believers.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »
So what is the law about sinking an aggressive vessel on the high seas?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 04:05:38 PM »
So what is the law about sinking an aggressive vessel on the high seas?

Considering that more than once they've put people on a whaler, boarding without permission, that may be construed as piracy....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »
Considering that more than once they've put people on a whaler, boarding without permission, that may be construed as piracy....
And it used to be that captured pirates could be hanged if the captain felt it was too much of a bother to bring them to the nearest port for trial, right? :police: =D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 04:25:26 PM »
in those waters hanging is more trouble than you need.  send em swimming when they fall over by accident

detritus

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
this is an orginization that on at least one of their ships, has a painted tally of 10 ships sunk!  including two that were sunk by magnetic mines and one that was gutted with a limpet mine.

even Greenpeace calls them Eco-terrorists.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »
I think there was another thread where someone mentioned that the ships they were harassing were actually whaling either when or where they weren't supposed to be. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 07:10:25 PM »
the court would disagree

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
If I had a trust fund of my very own...

Think WW2 diesel sub, ala McHale's Navy. See if we can't fill some militant hippy tags along with the pirate hunting..

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »
If I had a trust fund of my very own...

Think WW2 diesel sub, ala McHale's Navy. See if we can't fill some militant hippy tags along with the pirate hunting..

I can haz deck gun?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 08:49:53 PM »
A show with no good guys, blech...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
I think an Oerlikon 20mm would solve the problem nicely, myself.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
I can haz deck gun?

It's the 40mm station for you.... :cool:

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »
I think there was another thread where someone mentioned that the ships they were harassing were actually whaling either when or where they weren't supposed to be.  

Yup.  They're only harrassing the illegal whalers who are harvesting in sovereign/territorial waters without permission.

We sometimes lose sight of that when creating duplicate threads here at APS.  ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
 the captain with the vest and badge.  you see the episode where he pretended to be shot?   bad theatre
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:05:37 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »
The same caliber for APS members, or soon-to-be former members of APS who condone shooting people for something other than legitimate, self-defense motives?

(IOW, think twice, post once.  The staff will thank you, as will the owner of the forum...)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:09:22 PM by Gewehr98 »
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"