Author Topic: "Ride of the Valkyries" / Wagner group/Russian revolution or coup?  (Read 1043 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
https://youtu.be/Y_X3vqpMtMs

An armed insurrection seems to be underway in Russia.
This has gotten weird.
Anyone have a good idea on what the heck is going on?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
Re: "Ride of the Valkyries" / Wagner group/Russian revolution or coup?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »
No, but it is pretty entertaining.   :lol:

Unless we end up getting nuked.    =(

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 03:17:31 PM »
No, but it is pretty entertaining.   :lol:

Unless we end up getting nuked.    =(

Then it becomes VERY entertaining

If you enjoy dying from 3rd degree burns and/or radiation poisoning that is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 03:22:18 PM »
I have been following Denys Davydov on Telegram.  Can't say I know a whole lot more than you.  He is a Ukrainian guy who has been doing youtube videos also.  He has been putting up Telegram posts constantly since yesterday. 

This morning there were reports that advance elements of the Wagner soldiers were 100 km from Moscow.  Then there were a bunch of reports that the Belarus leadership was trying to broker a deal to stop it.  Yesterday all the initial stuff was they took over the local military headquarters in Rostov near the Ukraine.  If they are already close to Moscow, that means they aren't messing around.  I guess we will see. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 03:31:26 PM »
It is nice to watch/hear about all this from my nice air conditioned house in Texas. 

Might be a lesson for those talking about revolution here, both those thinking it is good and the "we have F-15's and nukes" crowd.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 08:17:19 PM »
I'm sure the Russian government is currently looking to trade in all their MiGs for those magical, counter-revolutionary F-16s.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife