Author Topic: Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For  (Read 1371 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
« on: February 04, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »
In my email today.  Link at end of story.

The story is several years old, but it is even more revelent today than it was when it was told.  This is a video, actually several videos, of Suzanna testifing before some government body about gun comtrol.

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For - 05:23 - Oct 1, 2003

Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very ...all » Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very moving and bold testimony about the REAL reason that the second amendment was designed to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms.«

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675&pr=goog-sl

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Re: Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »
I've seen that video many times.  My favorite part is watching the anti-gun senator sit there and ahve to listen, obviously very upset.  (I think it was Schumer?)
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
Women like Ms. Gratia-Hupp are some of the best defenders of 2A around. The NRA's use of women in the TV gun-control debates pretty much shut down Sarah Brady's talk-show circuit; she can't play the poor victim as effectively when another woman - smart, articulate, and (incidentally) easy on the eyes is her verbal opponent. It got to the point where gun banners went to far as to give the sponsors a list of people from our side that they wanted banned from the debates.  :rolleyes:

(Come to think of it . . . I haven't seen a televised gun control debate for quite a while.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 05:14:04 PM »
I have met her, she is a class act....................chris3

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:54:30 PM »

Ms. Gratia-Hupp is quite a lady.  Is she still in politics?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:46:38 AM »
She's no longer on the TX legislature. What a pity; she tried very hard to get a Vermont style carry bill passed here years back, and the people who should have backed her and joined the fight did nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org