Author Topic: Coleman-Franken senatorial recount update  (Read 46922 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Coleman-Franken senatorial recount update
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »
Schumer states the board will be announcing Franken on Monday. Coleman is still looking to get some 600 absentee ballots counted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090104/pl_politico/27716

Schumer needs to have a procedural manual thrown at him. As hard as possible.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2009, 11:36:10 PM »
Does anyone remember a ballot recount that was so blatantly biased? I mean, c'mon. The "missing" ballots from one town show up, are counted, and 100% of them were for Franken?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2009, 11:52:36 PM »
If the GOP permits this travesty to stand, they are worthless, beyond redemption.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2009, 12:00:33 AM »
Does anyone remember a ballot recount that was so blatantly biased? I mean, c'mon. The "missing" ballots from one town show up, are counted, and 100% of them were for Franken?

Florida, in 2000 for one.  Ohio in 2004 for another.  Minnesota will be the poster child for election fraud in 2008.

Everybody gets their turn.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2009, 01:06:32 AM »
Florida, in 2000 for one.  Ohio in 2004 for another.  Minnesota will be the poster child for election fraud in 2008.

Ummm, guess again....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount
The media reported the results of the study during the week after November 12, 2001. The results of the study showed that had the limited county by county recounts requested by the Gore team been completed, Bush would still have been the winner of the election.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2009, 01:36:50 AM »

don't know about Ohio, but Bush won FL.
Al was a sore loser.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2009, 02:39:28 AM »
I mean, c'mon. The "missing" ballots from one town show up, are counted, and 100% of them were for Franken?

Monkeyleg, do you have a verifiable source for that?  I have some Dem Inlaws in MN I'd really like to ask about that, if I had good data.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »
Are the ballots that were date-stamped November 2 - two days before the election, and overwhelmingly for Franken - being included in the total?

Is the count from the original voting in the "Dinkytown" neighborhood of Minneapolis being included in the total, rather than the recount which was ~130 ballots (overwhelmingly for Franken) shy of the election day total?

If the GOP permits this travesty to stand, they are worthless, beyond redemption.
I normally don't do it in these forums, but I have to give THIS comment a big "+1" . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2009, 09:53:20 AM »

Election fraud? Acorn? Huh wha? Frank caused the Fannie meltdown? Wha? zzzz...

OMG PALIN WENT OFF MESSAGE! THAT'S IMPORTANT!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
Jane Curtin: Well, the 1970's are in their final month, and with some thoughts on this decade and the one we're about to enter, here's Weekend Update's Social Sciences Editor Al Franken.

Al Franken: Thank you, Jane. Well, the "me" decade is almost over, and good riddance, and far as I'm concerned. The 70's were simply 10 years of people thinking of nothing but themselves. No wonder we were unable to get together and solve any of the many serious problems facing our nation. Oh sure, some people did do some positive things in the 70's - like jogging - but always for the wrong reasons, for their own selfish, personal benefit. Well, I believe the 80's are gonna have to be different. I think that people are going to stop thinking about themselves, and start thinking about me, Al Franken. That's right. I believe we're entering what I like to call the Al Franken Decade. Oh, for me, Al Franken, the 80's will be pretty much the same as the 70's. I'll still be thinking of me, Al Franken. But for you, you'll be thinking more about how things affect me, Al Franken. When you see a news report, you'll be thinking, "I wonder what Al Franken thinks about this thing?", "I wonder how this inflation thing is hurting Al Franken?" And you women will be thinking, "What can I wear that will please Al Franken?", or "What can I not wear?" You know, I know a lot of you out there are thinking, "Why Al Franken?" Well, because I thought of it, and I'm on TV, so I've already gotten the jump on you. So, I say let's leave behind the fragmented, selfish 70's, and go into the 80's with a unity and purpose. That's what I think. I'm Al Franken. Jane?

Jane Curtin: Thank you, Al. That's the news. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=534746&catid=2
Court rejects Coleman argument; state board poised to declare Franken winner
Updated: 1/5/2009 12:29:33 PM

ST. PAUL, Minn. –– The Minnesota Supreme Court has rejected Republican Norm Coleman's request to count an additional 650 rejected absentee ballots in the state's U.S. Senate recount.

The court's ruling Monday likely paves the way for the state Canvassing Board to certify results showing Democrat Al Franken won the race. But Coleman's attorneys have said they are likely to sue if he loses the recount, meaning it could be weeks more before the outcome is final.

Coleman had argued the ballots were improperly rejected. In a five-page ruling, the high court said the dispute was among issues better handled in an "election contest," or lawsuit.

Franken leads Coleman by 225 votes after the state finished counting more than 900 absentee ballots that the state and the campaigns earlier had agreed were improperly rejected.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
All Material Copyright 2009 KARE-11. All Rights Reserved.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »
The apparent victory of Frankensenator has put the exclamation point on the demise of representative government in this once noble Republic of ours.  It is a travesty, a dirty joke, a profanation.

All we need is for Caroline Kennedy, that absurd expression of the unelected picking the unelected, to join him in the Senatorial ranks.

Every day this country looks more and more like a re-run of I, Claudius.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2009, 01:39:17 PM »

Something tells me this won't happen for Presidential election in Iowa.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=534746&catid=2
Court rejects Coleman argument; state board poised to declare Franken winner
Updated: 1/5/2009 12:29:33 PM

ST. PAUL, Minn. –– The Minnesota Supreme Court has rejected Republican Norm Coleman's request to count an additional 650 rejected absentee ballots in the state's U.S. Senate recount.

The court's ruling Monday likely paves the way for the state Canvassing Board to certify results showing Democrat Al Franken won the race. But Coleman's attorneys have said they are likely to sue if he loses the recount, meaning it could be weeks more before the outcome is final.

Coleman had argued the ballots were improperly rejected. In a five-page ruling, the high court said the dispute was among issues better handled in an "election contest," or lawsuit.

Franken leads Coleman by 225 votes after the state finished counting more than 900 absentee ballots that the state and the campaigns earlier had agreed were improperly rejected.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
All Material Copyright 2009 KARE-11. All Rights Reserved.

Headline: Minnesota Court Declares Comedian Win, Becomes Joke.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
Stuart Smalley: You know what? I think this is the best show I've ever done. And you know what? I deserve it! [ turns to his mirror ] Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »
Just heard on the news that MN has Certified the election and Stuart Smalley is now a US Senator......

We're doom-uh-did.....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »
you're just going with what you see, Minnesota’s state election officials see a Franken vote

I'm not sure if this is some kind of weird joke or what.  If you go to your link (http://senaterecount.startribune.com/ballots/index.php?review_date=2008-12-18&index=171) you'll see a table above the image.

The first line indicates who challenged the ballot.  There's a little 'x' in that candidate's box if they challenged it.  The 'x' is in the Franken's box on that line.

The 3rd line shows how the board voted.  In this case 98% of them voted that the ballot went to Coleman.

The 4th line shows who they credited with the vote, and that is Coleman again.

Were you making a joke or do you really think that the board would publish all of this hoping that nobody went through and actually added up the numbers?

I don't get it.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
I'm not sure if this is some kind of weird joke or what.

I'm guessing he posted that originally because of a John Lott / Fox News article. The website was apparently wrong for awhile and John ran with it.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

grampster

• friend
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2009, 07:34:57 PM »
The Senate is full of comedians and jokers.  Franken will fit right in. 

PS:  Did anyone notice that Al Franken actually looks like the Joker?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
I heard on TV last night that a couple of dozen precincts have vote totals that exceed the number of people who actually voted . . . and Minnesota's election officials have accepted these totals.  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2009, 11:48:28 AM »
They believe in abundance, not scarcity, that's all.

If ever there were a time to press "re-set"...
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »

PS:  Did anyone notice that Al Franken actually looks like the Joker?

Yeah...but he looks like the Caesar Romero Joker...so I'm not impressed...  :laugh:

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »
Seeker:

That comparison, while somewhat apt, is gravely insulting to Mr. Romero. You should be slightly ashamed. :lol:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »
Coleman is supposed to file in court today, putting Franken's "Win" in jeporady.....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
The Constitution is now a joke and Franken is just the punchline.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.