Author Topic: 1 LT Michael Behenna?  (Read 839 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
1 LT Michael Behenna?
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »
Remember his case? Army Ranger who killed Ali Mansur in 2008. Swift Army "justice" court martialed him and found him guilty of premeditated murder. He has an appeal going, and unitedpatriots.org is asking for donations. Google will reveal the whole story.

Worthwhile? I'm thinking of donating.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Waitone

• friend
Re: 1 LT Michael Behenna?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:31:37 PM »
Michael Savage has been all over the story raising money for a defense fund.  He interviewed his mother (a lawyer) on his show.  What little I know of the situation it smells a little like Ramos and Campean of Border Patrol fame. . . . a political prosecution.  I do reserve the right to be wrong.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:32:54 PM »
That website you mentioned has links.  It sounds like they are setting up a fund for the defense of a number of soldiers.  Hard to say on that case.  From the version I got linked to, it sounds rigged, but I didn't see the rulings or other evidence which would support murder.  

http://unitedpatriots.org/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:07:35 PM »
I'd like to see the Art 32 Hearing before I make a judgment. 

There's an old saying; If you're innocent, hope you're in a Military Court, if you're guilty hope you're in a civilian court.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.