Author Topic: Another highly effective restraining order  (Read 1617 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Another highly effective restraining order
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
http://my.att.net/s/editorial.dll?fromspage=ch/c.htm&categoryid=&only=y&bfromind=7775&eeid=7222288&_sitecat=1522&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=7&ck=&ch=ne

Minn. man charged with stabbing wife 70 times

Published: 4/3/10, 5:06 PM EDT

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A man punched his estranged wife and stabbed her 70 times in the chest and head before his 13-year-old daughter pulled him away, disarmed him and fled with the knife, police said Saturday.

The fatal attack came about one week after the suspect was charged with assaulting the same woman. He had been released without bail on the condition that he not contact her.

Billy Nash, 46, of Minneapolis was charged Friday with first-degree murder, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. He was ordered held on $1 million bail.

Online court records didn't list an attorney for Nash on Saturday. A message left at the Nash home wasn't immediately returned.

Police identified the victim by the initials P.N. The Star Tribune of Minneapolis identified her as Pauline Nash, 42.

Billy Nash had been charged March 24 with misdemeanor domestic assault for allegedly kicking and slapping his wife and dragging her by the hair after she refused to have sex with him.

He was released from the Hennepin County jail two days later and ordered not to contact his wife. Judge Regina Chu allowed his conditional release because he had no prior domestic-assault convictions and because Pauline Nash said "this has never occurred in the past," according to a court transcript.

But he violated the no-contact order almost immediately, said Brittany Nash, 18, the fifth of the couple's sixth children.

"He shouldn't have been out. If he just got done abusing her, why would you let (him) out of jail two-three days later?" she told the Star Tribune. "That doesn't make any sense to me."

Chief Hennepin County Judge James Swenson released a statement defending Chu's decision to release Billy Nash.

"Judge Chu has spent much of her judicial career working on the issue of domestic violence," Swenson said. "She cares passionately about protecting victims of domestic violence, and for her, the death of this morning is a particularly sad and tragic occurrence."

Brittany Nash said she awoke to hear her mother's terrified screams Friday about 3 a.m. She ran to her mother's room and found her father attacking her, the criminal complaint said. Brittany Nash dialed 911 as her 13-year-old sister grabbed the bloody knife and fled.

Police found Pauline Nash bleeding in the bedroom. She was taken to a hospital where she died.

Billy Nash told investigators, "I'm sorry, sergeant, that you had to come here tonight for this. ... She was driving me crazy. ... I killed the (expletive)," the complaint said.

He said he was angry at the way his wife was handling money, court documents said. As the couple argued he grabbed a paring knife and repeatedly stabbed her, the documents said.

As police led him away he looked at his children but said nothing, Brittany Nash said.

The teenager said she wants people to remember her mother, a personal-care attendant, as a loving, caring soul who treated others as she wanted to be treated.

"What are we going to do without our mom?" Brittany Nash said. "We have no parents now. What are we going to do?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

crt360

• friend
Re: Another highly effective restraining order
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:00:12 PM »
With rare exception, a restraining order's value only appears after you shoot the person violating it.
For entertainment purposes only.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 11:03:26 AM »
his 13-year-old daughter pulled him away, disarmed him and fled with the knife

Good girl!

Too bad it was too late...
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
""What are we going to do without our mom?" Brittany Nash said. "We have no parents now. What are we going to do?""

:(

That group of kids has got a hard stretch of life ahead.  I hope they all make it.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »
""What are we going to do without our mom?" Brittany Nash said. "We have no parents now. What are we going to do?""

:(

That group of kids has got a hard stretch of life ahead.  I hope they all make it.

Yup.

Damn Swedes!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:41 PM »
Swedes?   ???
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »
Swedes?   ???

Lots of Norwegians & Swedes settled in Minnesota.  Their is considerable animosity on the part of the Ns for the Ss, still.

My quip was a play on that as well as that the perpetrator was not very likely of any north euro stock. 

Haven't looked for an image, but his last name is anything but nordic, and I am a man to play the odds...
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
Lots of Norwegians & Swedes settled in Minnesota.  Their is considerable animosity on the part of the Ns for the Ss, still.

My grandparents (one a Swede, the other a Norwegian), thankfully ignored this.   ;)
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »
My grandparents (one a Swede, the other a Norwegian), thankfully ignored this.   ;)

I didn't notice it when I lived in MN as a child, but I was in a business meeting with white guys, black guys, orientals, & such, chewing the fat before official start time when we get to talking about Sweden for some reason.

One fellow, of Norwegian stock from MN we later learn, says something about "Those damn Swedes!" and  everyone stops talking for a second and then erupts in belly-laughter.  The PHB who called the meeting then walks in on a baker's dozen engineers laughing (to the point of tears in some cases).  We had to explain and grill N-boy about the nature of his remark.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »
"Those damn Swedes!"
yep, always raising the prices on the knives i just have to buy. >:D must invade Sweden, steal knives and watches. [popcorn]

:angel:

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 01:23:59 AM »
With rare exception, a restraining order's value only appears after you shoot the person violating it.

It's too late by then; you should spread it around your entryway as soon as you get it so it will keep the blood from getting on the floor in the first place.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »
Now that there is one practical gent.  I salute you, sir. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:13 AM »
It's too late by then; you should spread it around your entryway as soon as you get it so it will keep the blood from getting on the floor in the first place.

I must echo fistful and also suggest they start printing them on "Brawny" to increase their usefulness.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton