Author Topic: Another shooting death in a gun free zone.  (Read 1108 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Another shooting death in a gun free zone.
« on: June 16, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »
A British member of Parliament was shot dead today, gun controls notwithstanding.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36550304

According to the article, it was committed by someone in favor of the BrExit, so it will of course have the opposite effect of what he allegedly intended.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Another shooting death in a gun free zone.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 03:49:15 PM »
A British member of Parliament was shot dead today, gun controls notwithstanding.

According to the article, it was committed by someone in favor of the BrExit, so it will of course have the opposite effect of what he allegedly intended.

I have seen reported elsewhere that the attacker has a history of mental problems.

I'm sure everyone is shocked, if that is the case.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
We in the west have developed the unhealthy habit of allowing the (admittedly tragic) killing of one person to emotionally overwhelm a tragedy for millions.  No one believes the MP should have been murdered for her support of "Remain" or Syrian refugee resettlement, but her murder doesn't change the all too real consequences, cultural, political, social, and economic, for millions of Britons now and going forward.  
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:28:52 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »

This won't go well for the folks campaigning to get the UK out of the EU, or anyone wanting to put limits on the refugee slash economic migrant situation. France is kinda annoyed at the UK, because a decent number of folks are camped out in France trying to get into the UK. Apparently they offer quite generous welfare and public assistance.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
Apparently they offer quite generous welfare and public assistance.

Or just the ability to get a job...

You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is just a meme? 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »

The political views of the murderer are only relevant if they back up the preconceived views of the media and govt.  Otherwise, they are unimportant. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
The political views of the murderer are only relevant if they back up the preconceived views of the media and govt.  Otherwise, they are unimportant.  

I haven't looked at any other press coverage of this, but I have this feeling that there are gobs of media organs sympathetic to the victim's politics.

I may have been wrong about this hurting Leave's chances.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/17/exclusive-poll-eu-support-falls-after-jo-cox-murder/86031038/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:10:59 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 02:22:25 PM »
It appears the murderer used that most heinous of military-grade assault weapons: the .22 rifle.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2016/06/gun-used-to-kill-british-mp-was-sawed.html?m=1

The laws of Britain are evidently so onerous upon owners of such a fell weapon, that the suspect obtained his illegally.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:54:07 PM by fistful »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:40:14 AM »
The laws of Britain are evidently so onerous upon owners of such a fell weapon, that the suspect obtained his illegally.

How is that possible? Obviously, they need a law making it illegal to buy illegal weapons.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design