Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Hot sauce

<< < (2/5) > >>

K Frame:
I tried Crystal some years ago and did NOT like it at all.

Tasted quite off to me.

Figured it might be me, tried it again a couple of years later and I still didn't like it. At all.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: Ron on April 29, 2021, 08:54:05 AM ---My local taco place has a salsa bar that has a few creamy salsa's that are amazing.

In my search for how they make it I came across the secret, homogenization in the blender.

Here is a good recipe to either make or use as a base.

https://yes-moreplease.com/2014/07/jalapeno-creamy-sauce-green-stuff/

Both Valentina and Cholula are solid choices.

When I serviced industrial ice machines I took care of refrigeration equipment at a commissary for "roach coaches", the food trucks you see at construction sites. Nearly all the trucks were run by Mexicans or American/Mexicans. Valentina was always on the trucks.

Tapatio is pretty good also.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting that.  I already knew how to make it (although I don't add onions) but had forgotten about it.

charby:

--- Quote from: K Frame on April 29, 2021, 10:43:28 AM ---I tried Crystal some years ago and did NOT like it at all.

Tasted quite off to me.

Figured it might be me, tried it again a couple of years later and I still didn't like it. At all.

--- End quote ---

Texas Pete's is another one you should try, I was skeptical since it is made in North Carolina, but I have a bottle in the fridge and backup in the pantry. It's a Louisiana style hot sauce.

RocketMan:
Tapatio and Texas Pete are popular sauces in restaurants in this area.  Both are pretty tasty.

K Frame:
I have a bottle of Texas Pete in my fridge. It's my go to when I run out of Louisiana. It's not bad. Same with Frank's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version