Author Topic: Traffic Ticket Amnesty  (Read 672 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Traffic Ticket Amnesty
« on: May 24, 2015, 10:21:11 AM »
This one really bugs me. CA Governor wants to give "amnesty" to certain groups on traffic ticket fines. For some reason I expect rice burners with crappy, primer spotted bodies and $6000 in rims to start driving 150mph every damn where.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/24/california-governor-proposes-amnesty-program-for-those-who-cannot-pay-traffic/?intcmp=latestnews

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Traffic Ticket Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »
Tell me again why we follow the rules?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
Tell me again why we follow the rules?
Because we have the money to pay the fines and thus, won't be eligible for amnesty?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 03:25:29 PM »
Under Brown's plan, drivers with lesser infractions would pay half of what they owe, and administrative fees would be slashed from $300 to $50 satisfied via community service.

Either that or you get treated just as you would in the country in which you hold citizenship.

Your choice.

And no, I am not suggesting that all of those to be covered under this "plan" are illegal aliens.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.