Author Topic: Tracking Gun Control Legislation Resulting From the Orlando Attack  (Read 6397 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Tracking Gun Control Legislation Resulting From the Orlando Attack
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
Anyone want to guess which domestic terrorist just called for a ban on the gun not used in the Orlando murders?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »
Well, I just engaged in an exercise in futility.  I sent memos to our two senators from Michigan, Debbie StabUnow and the new one, Gary Peters.  Both are liberal Democrats who wouldn't know the 1A from the 10A.  I said it would be a breath of fresh air if they actually lived their oath and followed the Constitution with respect to more stupid gun laws and that they should consider they have an larger obligation to the American people than they do their party while reminding them that the D's don't have much of a good track record with respect to civil rights.  I ended the note by saying that "If draconian gun laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry."  Hey, if they can be aholes, so can I.  Oh, and I advised them to tell their staff not to send me any canned response that probably won't have anything to do with my commentary anyway.  Cynical?  Who, me?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 01:33:16 AM »
Well, I just engaged in an exercise in futility.  I sent memos to our two senators from Michigan, Debbie StabUnow and the new one, Gary Peters.  Both are liberal Democrats who wouldn't know the 1A from the 10A.  I said it would be a breath of fresh air if they actually lived their oath and followed the Constitution with respect to more stupid gun laws and that they should consider they have an larger obligation to the American people than they do their party while reminding them that the D's don't have much of a good track record with respect to civil rights.  I ended the note by saying that "If draconian gun laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry."  Hey, if they can be aholes, so can I.  Oh, and I advised them to tell their staff not to send me any canned response that probably won't have anything to do with my commentary anyway.  Cynical?  Who, me?

Hmmmm. A malcontent. Better put this one on the list.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 02:21:57 AM »
I fired off an email to my Congress critter about the VA secretary's remarks a few weeks ago.
He mailed me a form letter on how to contact his veterans services people for assistance in getting my benefits.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
Hmmmm. A malcontent. Better put this one on the list.

I would wager I'm on one already.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »
Sure glad we didn't get stuck with that GOPe *let's not go there* Ted Cruz. We need to tell the Establishment that we don't want the status quo! We want gun control and we want it now! Make America Great Again!

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/284017-trump-says-those-on-terror-watch-list-should-be-barred

Don't worry though guys, I'm sure he will totally build that wall.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 05:09:34 PM »
I can't decide which is worse giving Trump the power of secret "enemies" lists or Hillary....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 06:50:01 PM »
Trump may be a lifelong hard left Democrat but his kids like to hunt so we're totally good guys.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.