Author Topic: Assault Weapons Ban Introduced...by Five R.I.N.O.s  (Read 1499 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Assault Weapons Ban Introduced...by Five R.I.N.O.s
« on: November 18, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »
BOHICA

Hey, why don't we wait around until after JAN2009 and see what Congress has to cook up for us?

'Cause getting riled up before than would be foolish alarmism.

Assault Weapons Ban Introduced...by Five R.I.N.O.s

Define R.I.N.O.: A Republican In Name Only.

Examples of the type of Republican covered under this definition are:

* Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL]
    * Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL]
    * Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ]
    * Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]
    * Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE]

These five supposed Republican are nothing more than jackasses in elephant's clothing. Rep. Mark Kirk has introduced a bill, H.R. 6257: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008, which would "reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act." The bill has been co-sponsored by the other four jackasses listed above. All of them claim to be Republicans.

All of them need to leave the party.

Seriously.

Go.

We don't need your kind anymore. It is this kind of stuff that lost the Republican majority in Congress. No, not this particular issue, but the failure to adhere to Republican values in general. If you want to behave like a gun-grabbing Democrat, go sit on their side. It is better that the Republicans be in the minority, but true to conservative values than to be in the majority with no clear values at all.

The problem with gun violence isn't that law abiding citizens have access to assault weapons (whatever that means.) It's that criminals use them to commit crimes. Read that last sentence. Commit crimes is the key part of that sentence. Having these guns be illegal will not limit the criminal's access to them. It will only make them better armed than their victims.

I found out about this through the Jawa Report, who saw it on The Arsenal. Tip of the hat to both of them.

By the way, the phone number to Rep. Kirk's office is 202-225-4835. Let him know how you feel about his actions.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ryan in Maine

• friend
Re: Assault Weapons Ban Introduced...by Five R.I.N.O.s
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »
Wtf? They weren't even on my radar.  =|

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »
Maybe I should start buying preban AK mags soon, before they are banned. I'm now considering buying a saiga in x39 next summer as my first gun, instead of a shotgun. Then may be my only chance to get a cheap hi-cap rifle (before there is an import ban.)

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »
This was introduced back on June 12, 2008.  Has something happened to bring this one back from the dead?  BTW, it has the 10 year end date built in...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
Maybe I should start buying preban AK mags soon, before they are banned. I'm now considering buying a saiga in x39 next summer as my first gun, instead of a shotgun. Then may be my only chance to get a cheap hi-cap rifle (before there is an import ban.)
GOOD.  FREAKING.  LUCK.  =(

Read here: http://www.classicarms.us
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »
This was introduced back on June 12, 2008.  Has something happened to bring this one back from the dead?  BTW, it has the 10 year end date built in...

No. This is from June, no action since it went to committee in July.

Someone posted it on all the gunboards in panic without looking at the date.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »
This came out several months ago . . . right before I got my "Republican Senate Leadership" survey forms.

I wrote back that as long as the GOP tolerates RINOs like this over in the House (I named names and referred to the number of the bill they'd introduced) there was NO WAY I was going to donate to the RNC . . . if I wanted leftist representation, I'd already be a Democrat.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »
Well, Chris Shays lost, to a Democrat of course.  ;/

:laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
The story being old does not reduce it's importance. It stresses the importance of holding our legislators accountable and the need to educate people as to what their elected reps are doing when they think no one is looking.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G