Author Topic: Biden Told Israel: Get Used to Iran Nuclear Weapons  (Read 18233 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Biden Told Israel: Get Used to Iran Nuclear Weapons
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »
I thik that the Honorable shocked Mr Biden has probably just written off about 3/4 of the Jewish vote with this remark.

Biden Told Israel: Get Used to Iran Nuclear Weapons

http://us.mc527.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?fid=%2540B%2540Bulk&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&.rand=302240502&da=0&midIndex=7&mid=1_5174_263465_AOgwvs4AAGLDSLw8PAHiC0VM1x8&prevMid=1_8780_263471_AOYwvs4AABwRSLxB8wE2nXJu3G4&nextMid=1_3014_263462_AOgwvs4AARJESLwq5QSE0zzmM7Q&m=1_6631_263468_AOkwvs4AAOeHSLxLnQqK4QTolAs,1_3706_263463_AOswvs4AAFOMSLw0RQju%2Fk7IQXE,1_8133_263470_AOEwvs4AARgQSLxRbg0saxGwaeE,1_5861_263467_AOIwvs4AAKp5SLxJeAw6tSB%2BjoM,1_8780_263471_AOYwvs4AABwRSLxB8wE2nXJu3G4,1_5174_263465_AOgwvs4AAGLDSLw8PAHiC0VM1x8,1_3014_263462_AOgwvs4AARJESLwq5QSE0zzmM7Q,1_2362_263461_AOswvs4AAKHoSLwaNgZ%2F3lk0gAQ,1_792_263456_AOYwvs4AADFMSLwDOg0%2BLHgPd3Q,1_22_263451_AOowvs4AAFFFSLvn0QLuvBvZIz4,1_1451_263457_AOEwvs4AAGeFSLwD5gN%2FoWvCoa8,

Barack Obama's presidential running-mate Joseph Biden told Israeli officials that they need to accept the idea Iran will acquire nuclear weapons.

Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, visiting Israel several years ago, told Israeli officials diplomacy and sanctions would be futile against Iran.

On Monday Israel's Army Radio reported details of the comments Biden made when he met with "senior Israeli officials behind closed doors."

Reportedly Biden told the officials he opposed "opening a additional military and diplomatic front" against Iran.

"Israel will have to reconcile itself with the nuclearization of Iran," Army Radio quoted Biden as telling the Israelis.

Army Radio said that at that time Israeli officials were shocked by Biden's comments.

Within Israel, a consensus across the political spectrum has developed on the Iran matter. Iran's president Ahmadinejad has stated that he will wipe Israel off the map, making clear his use weapons of mass destruction against the Jewish state.

Biden has been an ardent supporter of the state of Israel in the Senate. His selection by Barack Obama was seen as an effort to shore up support with the U.S. Jewish community.

Obama has given mixed signals on the Iran threat. During the Democratic primary he argued for direct negotiations with Iran. He has avoided making any suggestion the U.S. should take military action against Iran.

Last Monday Obama said he would continue to use diplomatic means to stop Iran's nuclear program.

De Selby

• friend
Re: Biden Told Israel: Get Used to Iran Nuclear Weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:00:32 PM »
How dare Biden declare reasonably apparent facts to be true, and warn the most impacted party to prepare.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »
How dare Biden declare reasonably apparent facts to be true, and warn the most impacted party to prepare.

ditto

Also, this is an "unnamed source" kind of story, of which I'm leery.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:26:25 PM »
Not yet anyway. 
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, visiting Israel several years ago,
told Israeli officials diplomacy and sanctions would be futile against Iran.

Hasn't his new, bestest, friend in whole world been advocating diplomacy and sanctions to stop
Iran from developing nuclear Weapons ?? 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
So much for Biden's experience and expertise.

He is just another mediocrity capitalizing on incumbency.

Joe Biden: the best living example for term limits (after Ted Kennedy).
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Right on, Senator.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 06:27:19 PM »
Iran is developing an ICBM.

Nuclear Iran is completely unacceptable.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »
If true, it looks like the Israeli's are trying to do for McCain what Al-Maliki did for Obama.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »

Having my home spammed with chemical weapons as the IDF tries to prevent a nuclear threat from Iran that may or may not exist.

That's what's unacceptable.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »

Having my home spammed with chemical weapons as the IDF tries to prevent a nuclear threat from Iran that may or may not exist.

I'm not sure why you're defending Iran here.

But if they have a nuclear weapon and an ICBM, it's not your problem anymore, it's ours. And the US will deal with it.

Or do you really think they're rushing orbital boosters into testing for "communications satellites", considering they don't have any domestic development of communications satellites, and it's cheaper to just pay the Russians to launch stuff?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »

I'm not sure why you're defending Iran here.

But if they have a nuclear weapon and an ICBM, it's not your problem anymore, it's ours. And the US will deal with it.

Or do you really think they're rushing orbital boosters into testing for "communications satellites", considering they don't have any satellites? 

I am sorry, where was I defending Iran?

My points are specific:

1. Nobody knows if Iran has, or plans to have a nuclear weapon.

2. There is zero proof, if the Iranians plan to have a nuke, that they plan to use it in a suicidal fashion.

4. There is serious contention whether or not Iran's ostensible ballistic missiles work. Considering they had to fake the launch of much inferior devices, I'd say it's dubious.

Conversely, it is not clear if the IAF is capable of destroying Iran's nuclear program. A lot of it is secret, or spread across hundreds of locations, or underground. What is however clear is that striking Iran will lead Hezbullah to spam Israel with it's new missile arsenal (after we, you know, so succesfully disarmed them last time around), which will reach to all major cities in this country, and may or may not carry chemical weapons. Further, Syria will likely get on it and so will Hamas.

Israel, will, of course, crush Syria like a bug - we outnumber their ground forces at 2-1  - but thousands, if not more, of people will die, and it's not even clear for what.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »
Israel, will, of course, crush Syria like a bug - we outnumber their ground forces at 2-1  - but thousands, if not more, of people will die, and it's not even clear for what.

And it makes the long term prospects of the state even more unpredictable-it's a ridiculously bad idea, any way you cut it.

When speaking the plain facts and trying to make the smart move is dubbed "defending Iran", it's time to rethink who is on which side here.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »
Jake Tapper ( http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/biden-camp-call.html )

Is citing the respected Israeli newspaper Ha'artez. They are also running the story of Biden speaking to unnamed officials. Maybe they are using the same imagination process that the MSM uses to slander conservative candidates and officials......

Jim

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:43 PM »
Considering the response that Israel would make if Tel Aviv were destroyed or poisoned (I can't believe anywould remotely Islamic would risk the destruction of the Dome of the Rock), I can't imagine the Saudis not pressuring Iran.  If ANY Israeli city is destroyed, the only arab cities left might be Beirut and Amman.  Backed to the wall (or Wall), Mecca and Medina will be obliterated too. 
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
Considering the response that Israel would make if Tel Aviv were destroyed or poisoned (I can't believe anywould remotely Islamic would risk the destruction of the Dome of the Rock), I can't imagine the Saudis not pressuring Iran.  If ANY Israeli city is destroyed, the only arab cities left might be Beirut and Amman.  Backed to the wall (or Wall), Mecca and Medina will be obliterated too. 

This fantasy of destroying all the Arabs in response to an attack is just as unrealistic as the Arab fantasy that Israel will just vanish overnight under a wave of Arab attacks.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »

2. There is zero proof, if the Iranians plan to have a nuke, that they plan to use it in a suicidal fashion.  Then why do they have 6000 centrifuges for extracting bomb grade uranium.

It has been reported many times, by many news sources, that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has told Israel that they, would nuke Israel off the map.

W

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »

2. There is zero proof, if the Iranians plan to have a nuke, that they plan to use it in a suicidal fashion.  Then why do they have 6000 centrifuges for extracting bomb grade uranium.

It has been reported many times, by many news sources, that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has told Israel that they, would nuke Israel off the map.

W

So what? He doesn't control the army, and the army doesn't have any nukes.  Who cares what Ahmadinejad has to say about this, seriously?

The man doesn't run the military, and the military that he doesn't run...doesn't have nuclear weapons, or a delivery system.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »
The man doesn't run the military, and the military that he doesn't run...doesn't have nuclear weapons, or a delivery system.

THERE ARE NO AMERICANS IN BAGHDAD.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:26 PM »
? So you think Ahmadinejad is actually in charge, and he has all the Mullahs and the Ayatolllahs running a masking operation for him?

Or what?  Not sure what you're implying there...

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 01:03:41 AM »
This fantasy of destroying all the Arabs in response to an attack is just as unrealistic as the Arab fantasy that Israel will just vanish overnight under a wave of Arab attacks.

Agreed.  But both are very alluring fantasies, to many on both sides.  But MAD is not a workable deterrence plan in the Middle East.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 02:35:51 AM »
They never will. Right now I am sure the Isralis are planning to strike the Iranian facilities, if they know where they are. If bombs don't work they may send in commandos. Whatever happens, they don't want Iran to get a nuke. They must prepare to attack. They don't say "never again!!!" for nothing.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 02:36:53 AM »

And Khrushev has said similar things to the United States. America is still around.

Also, Manedwolf:

Ahmadinejad is not in charge of the Iranian military in any true sense, nor does the Iranian military trust him.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:38 AM »
/\

This is true.  The President of Iran is not in direct command authority.  Think of it more as a Parlimentarian situation.  You've got the elected legislature and Pres. and the religious council wth varying degrees of authority.  Along with a younger, more educated and more globally aware populace that is not as amenable to just going along with what they're told as they might have been decades ago.

One nutbar, even if he weren't speaking mostly for effect, can't initiate hostilities.  Iran is very aware of the possible consequences of overt military action against Israel or the US and they are not, however we'd like to paint them, utterly irrational religious psychos.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »
You'd rather it be a nuke in a few years when Iran has it's very own little red button?

Strange...though I guess it's a bit quicker then a lot of chemical weapons.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.