Author Topic: DOJ Releases Orlando 911 Transcripts (Mostly)  (Read 5248 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DOJ Releases Orlando 911 Transcripts (Mostly)
« on: June 20, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »
DOJ is releasing the 911 transcripts from Orlando, but with all references to Islam redacted.

This seems strange to me, because it seems like it will have the opposite effect of their intent, which I believe is to reduce the "radical Islam" message and push the "lone wolf American with a gun" message.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/20/fbi-to-release-partial-transcript-between-orlando-nightclub-gunman-and-police.html?intcmp=hpbt1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: DOJ Releases Orlando 911 Transcripts (Mostly)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »
Makes more sense if you assume there will, among the word-redaction, be redaction for content.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
Lynch said that a key goal of the probe was to determine why Mateen targeted the gay community. The victims were predominantly gay and Hispanic since it was "Latin Night" at Pulse.

Sounds like he didn't say anything about targeting homosexuals. I know we're supposed to believe this attack was about hatred for "gays," but it seems as if he just wanted to hit a big crowd, and it was a place he knew.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
What a dictator.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 02:38:39 PM »
What a dictator.

He's embarrassed that we got clobbered by the JV team.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »
“What we’re not going to do is further proclaim this man’s pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda,” Lynch told NBC. “We are not going to hear him make his assertions of allegiance [to the Islamic State].”

Have they ever done something like this before? ???

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »

*facepalm*  You know, honestly, I highly suspect that people don't get that the internet exists. I mean, they don't truly understand it. As in, everyone knows that the shooter spouted off about loving ISIS and whatnot. Trying to censor a tape where the contents are known don't exactly help. I would understand why the actual tape wouldn't or shouldn't be released and a simple (complete) transcript could be made available. To not be used as propaganda by ISIS.

Essentially trying to censor evidence so folks don't believe this is not an Islamic extremist event is...  incredibly stupid and not understanding of the reality of decentralized communications.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »
I also found it telling that in the non-redacted parts of the transcript, DOJ replaced "Allah" with "God", and in parentheses noted "English translation".

So  I again have to note, (and agree with what Rev posted as well) that either DOJ is incredibly brilliant and is outwitting everyone in the world with whatever their plan is, or Occam's Razor, they are incredibly stupid, or (and they may be right) are counting on the stupidity of the average American. Ref: Rosie O'Donnell, and other loudmouths, who are already stating that DOJ is right, that this has nothing to do with Islam and that there is no Islamic connection to the shooter. Also fire can't melt steel.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 04:31:15 PM »
I also found it telling that in the non-redacted parts of the transcript, DOJ replaced "Allah" with "God"

Ya think?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 04:37:35 PM »
DOJ: "Releasing the full transcript would promote terrorism!"

DOJ, 2 hours later: /releases full transcript

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-administration-reverses-course-releases-full-transcript-of-orlando-shooters-911-call/

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »
*facepalm*  You know, honestly, I highly suspect that people don't get that the internet exists. I mean, they don't truly understand it. As in, everyone knows that the shooter spouted off about loving ISIS and whatnot. Trying to censor a tape where the contents are known don't exactly help. I would understand why the actual tape wouldn't or shouldn't be released and a simple (complete) transcript could be made available. To not be used as propaganda by ISIS.

Essentially trying to censor evidence so folks don't believe this is not an Islamic extremist event is...  incredibly stupid and not understanding of the reality of decentralized communications.

Everybody knows about a myriad of crimes or injustices perpetrated by the Obama administration, so far they (the admin) has gotten away with every single one of them. What difference does another lie or 100 lies make?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-administration-reverses-course-releases-full-transcript-of-orlando-shooters-911-call/

And the redacted bits get even more coverage than they would have otherwise. The Straissand effect strikes again.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:17 PM »

And the redacted bits get even more coverage than they would have otherwise. The Straissand effect strikes again.

Minor correction, not being a prick about it, but just for better exposure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »
Our local NBC station announced that the 911 tapes are being released.  They did not say one word about the fact they are redacted.  SMH.

Now I go to their website and see the entire thing with a headline about radical Islam.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 05:22:45 PM »
It appears it's still not the full transcript, as "God" is still being used instead of "Allah". Sorry DOJ, but that's a BIG difference related to intent.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 05:25:28 PM »
It appears it's still not the full transcript, as "God" is still being used instead of "Allah". Sorry DOJ, but that's a BIG difference related to intent.

If I'm not mistaken, "allah" is Arabic for "god." That being said, I still agree with you.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »

I'm sorry, but if people don't find that downright insulting to their intelligence, then they don't have any.

I'm sorry, but whatever side you take in the whole "why he done it" debate, we are all *expletive deleted*ing grown ups and should be able to cope without a *expletive deleted*ing "translation".
What's more, the fact that the authorities think the masses are so stupid that they require this... Well, *expletive deleted*it, if the masses really are so stupid that they don't see this as being condescended too, we are all doomed.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, "allah" is Arabic for "god." That being said, I still agree with you.

I was aware. :P

But yeah, I think we're on the same page regarding the connotation. :)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »
As I recall some police officials in Europe got in hot water for covering up or redefining widespread crimes against women by Middle Eastern Moslem immigrants as . . . something else.

Are they trying to downplay the influence of Islam here? Well, if something smells like a cover up, walks like a cover up, and looks like a cover up . . . Occam's Razor says it's a cover up.

In this case, a particularly poor and clumsy one.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »

Do you expect intelligence from the government? ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »
As I recall some police officials in Europe got in hot water for covering up or redefining widespread crimes against women by Middle Eastern Moslem immigrants as . . . something else.

Are they trying to downplay the influence of Islam here? Well, if something smells like a cover up, walks like a cover up, and looks like a cover up . . . Occam's Razor says it's a cover up.

In this case, a particularly poor and clumsy one.

By hot water, you mean refused to record any crimes committed by refugees and completely ignored any complaints.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 09:31:55 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with writing or using the name "Allah". Is there some type of prescription against that?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re:
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 02:31:15 AM »
Maybe it has something to do with writing or using the name "Allah". Is there some type of prescription against that?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

No. Jews can't write the name, and Muslims can't draw pictures of their pedophile messiah.