Author Topic: Article on Media Bias on mentioning mass murderer race in articles  (Read 738 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
https://freebeacon.com/media/yes-the-media-bury-the-race-of-murderers-if-theyre-not-white/

What I was immediately looking for, and what THIS article glaringly ignores... is Middle Eastern origin.  All their graphs, all their analysis, a read of the article, there's no mention of Middle Eastern, Arab, Muslim, or other Arabian Peninsula/North African/Persian Subcontinental identifiers.  Because that information was glaringly omitted in the instances of the Boston Bombers, the "draw Muhammed" Garland TX shooting, the Fort Hood shooting, and probably others I'm forgetting.

Still, amazed to see this article linked on Drudge given their more left-alignment in the last few years.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Article on Media Bias on mentioning mass murderer race in articles
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 01:36:22 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 01:49:47 PM »
There was the one shooting in Southern California where a Middle Eastern couple with AR-15's went into some sort of meeting and shot a bunch of people.  I think it was before 2010, but I am forgetting exactly where. 

Then there is 9/11/01.

Other shooters like the DC sniper were Muslim, but not Middle Eastern.  There have probably been more Middle Eastern mass murderers in Europe than here.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 01:53:09 PM »
The only white guys that come to mind are the Oklahoma City bombing and Dylann Roof.  Ok City was at least targeting a govt building. 

I saw Asian in the graph on the article.  The only one that comes to mind is the Virginia Tech shooting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 04:07:18 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_San_Bernardino_attack

On December 2, 2015, a terrorist attack, consisting of a mass shooting and an attempted bombing, occurred at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California. The perpetrators, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, a married couple living in the city of Redlands, targeted a San Bernardino County Department of Public Health training event and Christmas party of about 80 employees in a rented banquet room. 14 people were killed and 22 others were seriously injured. Farook was a U.S.-born citizen of Pakistani descent, who worked as a health department employee. Malik was a Pakistani-born green card holder.

After the shooting, the couple fled in a rented Ford Expedition sport utility vehicle (SUV). Four hours later, police pursued their vehicle and killed them in a shootout, which also left two officers injured.

Here is a list of California shootings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shootings_in_California

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 11:31:22 AM »
Every time they do this (or... fail to publish, which is so much easier...), the media digs a hole of distrust that is ever deeper and wider.

And the progressive believers INSIST that there is nothing wrong. Because for them to admit that there is a bias calls everything into question.

The belief system IS a religion, or a substitute for one, and cannot be trifled with by those who wish to be part of the group.

The left has managed to get believers into positions of petty power, from HR minions to teachers, and they're not afraid to wield it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:59:08 AM by Bogie »
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 12:17:47 PM »
Speaking of bias, try searching with the phrase "motive in subway shooting." Good grief.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 03:22:26 PM »
Speaking of bias, try searching with the phrase "motive in subway shooting." Good grief.

"UNKNOWN"

;/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 04:06:03 PM »
Every time they do this (or... fail to publish, which is so much easier...), the media digs a hole of distrust that is ever deeper and wider.

And the progressive believers INSIST that there is nothing wrong. Because for them to admit that there is a bias calls everything into question.

The belief system IS a religion, or a substitute for one, and cannot be trifled with by those who wish to be part of the group.

The left has managed to get believers into positions of petty power, from HR minions to teachers, and they're not afraid to wield it.

I think you are right about the distrust. 
CNN’s New Subscription Streaming Service Craters After Launch, Big Cuts Coming: Reports
https://conspatriots.com/cnns-new-subscription-streaming-service-craters-after-launch-big-cuts-coming-reports/

I believe I heard the Daily Wire has 600K subscribers or something in that range. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 04:21:31 PM »
I believe I heard the Daily Wire has 600K subscribers or something in that range.

I'd be curious on the numbers for Fox Nation, which would be a closer comparison to CNN+. From what I found, Fox is not releasing numbers at this point. A little searching indicates they average something like 250K downloads per month of the app, which suggests strong numbers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes