Author Topic: Real Estate Agents or Anyone in the Know  (Read 4321 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Real Estate Agents or Anyone in the Know
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 10:29:43 AM »
Quote from: Brad Johnson
But why would a seller do something against his best interest?
I ask myself that same question several times a day....

Brad
And the usual answer is "they don't understand what they are doing."
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 11:01:15 AM »
I used to think that, but more and more I've come to realize that the misunderstandings, myths, incorrect presuppositions, and outright bad information is often more powerful than black and white facts. Even when faced with irrefutable truth people will still do some of the dumbest things.

*sigh*

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 11:05:59 AM »
Maybe if RE agents "sold" their services instead of taking the used car salesman approach more people would be apt to stop doing dumb things.  99% of the people out there do not understand this stuff and treating those 99% like they do is a bad way to sell stuff.  Even one of my very closests life-long friends did not put it into words that I could understand like you did earlier in this thread.  Granted, I may not make as much money using an agent but then again I might AND I won't have as many headaches.  I still haven't finalized my decision but your arguments are sure helping me decide.

Greg

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:37 AM »
Tell me about it. Dealing with other agents is one of the biggest pains in the business. I try very hard not to live down to the image of the typical real estate agent. Unfortunately, there are those that go out of their way to perpetuate the problem. Makes you wonder what goes through some people's heads.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006, 01:55:08 PM »
Let's face it: the things that make an agent good are generally not the things that make them succesful.  And vice versa.  And most people are not informed enough to know the difference and the bad agents play on that.
I can't tell you how many flyer boxes I have seen stand empty.  Like for weeks at a time.  What's the point in putting one there if you're not going to service it?  Lots of stuff just like that.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.