Author Topic: "None of the above"  (Read 4560 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"None of the above"
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/01/bill-would-allow-nh-voters-to-vote-none-of-the-above/

In keeping with the bus analogy from here (http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=43076.0), and bailing out or choosing no one to drive the damned thing when given the choice between a retard and a paraplegic...

New Hampshire voters get to potentially have "None of the Above" as a valid pick in a VERY early primary State.  This would be a Good ThingTM.  It would send an early signal that all primary candidates are shtbags and we need an alternate.

Not surprisingly, the bill is sponsored by a representative from Keene, which is a hotbed of Libertarianism and Anarchism.  I really liked this town when I was up in the area.  Go check it out sometime if you're nearby. ;)

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: "None of the above"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
Need that on every election and if they get beat by a "none of the above" vote thay can never run for office again, ever.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
But then what would Alan Keyes do with himself?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 01:56:05 PM »
Need that on every election and if they get beat by a "none of the above" vote thay can never run for office again, ever.

This is one thing that I think should have been included in the Constitution. A "none of y'all" option in every election, with a ban on said politicians holding office ever again if that options wins.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »
And that office goes unfilled during that term.   No recess appointments, or temporary fill-ins.  No deputy holding down the fort.  Just nothing.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »
And that office goes unfilled during that term.   No recess appointments, or temporary fill-ins.  No deputy holding down the fort.  Just nothing.

But, but but what about the new laws?

Can you imagine if POTUS went unfilled for 4 years? :lol:

There'd need to be a CinC contingency fill-in for defense purposes, where the previous SecDef or the current Speaker of the House acts as CinC in the event of a war, but otherwise no new legislation can be passed as there is no POTUS.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »

Na, just hold another election in 60 days with the next names down the list.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »
Can you imagine if POTUS went unfilled for 4 years?

It's easy if you try.   =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
It's easy if you try.   =)

You're a dreamer.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »
But he's not the only one.
--Lysander Spooner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 05:05:30 PM »
I don't get the "never gets to run for office again" part.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

We had to settle for that when they nixed "firing squad at dawn"  >:D

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »

Me neither. Wouldn't that discourage small parties from putting forth a candidate. When the majority says "none of the above" to the 2 big parties, all the small party candidates get swept up in the ban.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »
Me neither. Wouldn't that discourage small parties from putting forth a candidate. When the majority says "none of the above" to the 2 big parties, all the small party candidates get swept up in the ban.

Among other problems.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
But, but but what about the new laws?

Can you imagine if POTUS went unfilled for 4 years? :lol:

There'd need to be a CinC contingency fill-in for defense purposes, where the previous SecDef or the current Speaker of the House acts as CinC in the event of a war, but otherwise no new legislation can be passed as there is no POTUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rQbj9uvYL8I#t=67
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

If folks preferred "None of the Above" more than said third party, I fail to see the problem.