Author Topic: DeWalt Rugged Speaker - Thumbs Up  (Read 548 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DeWalt Rugged Speaker - Thumbs Up
« on: December 22, 2021, 09:54:32 AM »
I had this great little ruggedized bluetooth speaker that had great long range connectivity and a great sound, but going on seven years, the internal battery finally gave out.

I started looking for replacements on Amazon, but everything was from the weird ass Chinese companies with funny names and all got really spotty reviews - lots of both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so you know something fishy is going on. Otherwise the well-reviewed speakers with good, loud (important to me) sound were more of the indoor style speakers and $200+. I needed another speaker that I could expose to the elements and bang around. Normally for something like a speaker,  I would avoid the extra $$$ for paying for yellow, but as I have been upgrading everything to DeWalt 20v anyway, I said "What the hell?"

Anyway, After a week of use I am super impressed with this speaker. I've been finishing up my bridge rebuild, so have been keeping the speaker on my UTV parked near the bridge, and I have very clear music and bluetooth reception 30'-60' away. It also turns out having the speaker use the same batteries as the tools is really handy. If a tool goes out, instead of driving back to the shop, or having to start switching between batteries on tools when I'm using several together, I just borrow the speaker battery until I take a break. Controls are big and easy to use. Yesterday I was working in ice fog so had my insulated gloves on and I had no problem working the buttons.

About the only maybe negative thing is that it does use juice. I figured I could keep it going with one of my 2amp batteries, and it does last (I haven't timed it) maybe 6-8 hours with that (some reviews were claiming 16hrs), but I'm probably going to start keeping a 4amp battery on it. It does come with an AC cord as well though if you're using it near 110.

Otherwise, for anyone with DeWalt 20v tools looking for a "work tunes" speaker, I can highly recommend this one.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCR010-Bluetooth-Jobsite-Speaker/dp/B07JNKJ23Z/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1EKB87Z7SNWZT&keywords=dewalt%2Bspeaker&qid=1640183760&sprefix=dewalt%2Bspeake%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-1&th=1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: DeWalt Rugged Speaker - Thumbs Up
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 10:59:38 AM »
Neat!

I'd like to hear more about your bridge rebuild project.  =)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »
Neat!

I'd like to hear more about your bridge rebuild project.  =)

Well, since it's me, it's pretty half-assed.  =D

I'm trying to get it finished today before the rain and snow come in. Well, 85% finished. the very last section needs some concrete and rebar to reinforce the ground where it's placed and stop erosion, and I'm gonna wait until March when it's better concrete weather for that, and am just shoring that section up with loose boards until then so I can use the bridge.

I'll write something up after today with what I did. It was kind of interesting and infuriating working over what the previous owner did when he placed it. To do it absolutely correctly, I should have brought a crane and some guys in, but I'll probably wait till it collapses to do that.  :rofl:

This is different from my culvert bridge where I am getting it shot-creted by pros, who I have been waiting on for 9 months to do the damn job.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 11:58:55 AM »
Well, since it's me, it's pretty half-assed.  =D

I'm trying to get it finished today before the rain and snow come in. Well, 85% finished. the very last section needs some concrete and rebar to reinforce the ground where it's placed and stop erosion, and I'm gonna wait until March when it's better concrete weather for that, and am just shoring that section up with loose boards until then so I can use the bridge.

I'll write something up after today with what I did. It was kind of interesting and infuriating working over what the previous owner did when he placed it. To do it absolutely correctly, I should have brought a crane and some guys in, but I'll probably wait till it collapses to do that.  :rofl:

This is different from my culvert bridge where I am getting it shot-creted by pros, who I have been waiting on for 9 months to do the damn job.

Here I was thinking about stopping by on the way north this summer but that does not instill confidence I could bring my F350 and 40ft toyhauler across the bridge!! I don't want to be the reason you need to get your bridge rebuilt.  ???

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 12:16:08 PM »
Here I was thinking about stopping by on the way north this summer but that does not instill confidence I could bring my F350 and 40ft toyhauler across the bridge!! I don't want to be the reason you need to get your bridge rebuilt.  ???

bob

Stop by. This is a different bridge, not the one going to the house. I have stuff way heavier than your ginormous fifth wheel coming across the entrance bridge all the time.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
Stop by. This is a different bridge, not the one going to the house. I have stuff way heavier than your ginormous fifth wheel coming across the entrance bridge all the time.

If my new truck gets built some time before May we are planning on a trip to Spokane and you are right in the way. ;)

Ordered the truck in Sept and still don't have a build date, more product shortages.  =(

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
Well definitely swing on by if you can. I remember you were talking about a new truck back the last time you came through. One heck of a wait for the new ride.  =(

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »
Looks like a good option if my current blue tooth speaker fails. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge