Author Topic: 2A and the Commerce Clause  (Read 1054 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
2A and the Commerce Clause
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Interesting case out of Montana that may be headed to the USSC, 2A and the commerce clause.

http://www.cato.org/blog/guns-commerce-clause-way-supreme-court
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: 2A and the Commerce Clause
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:57:25 AM »
Yeeeuup. Been waiting for that to make it's way to the SCOTUS. They tried to block it several times at lower levels ("you haz no standings!") and from what I understand at one point the Feds made to look like they were just going to walk away, but the reaping time finally approaches.

Next case: Canex the entire NFA under Miller since every single item that the NFA purports to regulate has military use.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
Yeeeuup. Been waiting for that to make it's way to the SCOTUS. They tried to block it several times at lower levels ("you haz no standings!") and from what I understand at one point the Feds made to look like they were just going to walk away, but the reaping time finally approaches.

Next case: Canex the entire NFA under Miller since every single item that the NFA purports to regulate has military use.

Pardon me for not holding my breath on that one... They've only had 74 years to make that connection. And they've been outright LYING about what Miller says (it's six freaking pages! Did they honestly think no one would ever READ it?!?) for, well, all of that time.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »
Pardon me for not holding my breath on that one... They've only had 74 years to make that connection. And they've been outright LYING about what Miller says (it's six freaking pages! Did they honestly think no one would ever READ it?!?) for, well, all of that time.

It took 58 years before Plessy v. Fergusson was finally over-turned.