Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 49056 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2022, 09:37:25 PM »
Living the capitalist high life while at the same time condemning it
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2022, 10:56:08 PM »
Living the capitalist high life while at the same time condemning it

Real life Ayn Rand characters.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #503 on: October 27, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"This is fundamentally cruel," CNN analyst Juliette Kayyem reacted. "Whatever the masters of the universe are doing with this website, lots and lots of people — not fancy people, just people with kids and houses and vacation plans and who make companies run and rich men richer — will lose their livelihoods."

In other words... WE DEMAND GUARANTEED, HIGH-PAYING JOBS FOR LIFE! JOBS WHERE WE HAVE RED WINE ON TAP! AND WHERE WE ONLY HAVE TO WORK FOR 4 HOURS A WEEK!

Learn to code, people.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #504 on: October 27, 2022, 09:59:00 AM »
I mean....hold on a second.  I could get behind adding mandatory beer/wine taps to Federal Employment laws.  Let's not be too hasty and dismissive.  Free beer at lunch may be a heretofore overlooked human right.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »
A message from Elon Musk

Dear Twitter Advertisers
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1585619322239561728/photo/1

Apparently some don't like it

Lib writer’s take on ‘toxic jerk’ Elon Musk taking over Twitter is why Musk should do this every day
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/10/27/lib-writers-take-on-toxic-jerk-elon-musk-taking-over-twitter-is-why-musk-should-do-this-every-day/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #506 on: October 27, 2022, 11:54:38 AM »
I mean....hold on a second.  I could get behind adding mandatory beer/wine taps to Federal Employment laws.  Let's not be too hasty and dismissive.  Free beer at lunch may be a heretofore overlooked human right.

You have a point there Mush.  Too bad it didn't happen before I retired, though.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #507 on: October 27, 2022, 12:35:09 PM »
They actually think this is a threat  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zack Kanter
@zackkanter
If Elon doesn’t meet these demands, there’s a real risk of many employees quitting – some estimates say up to 75% of them
Blue-check tells Elon Musk he better meet Twitter employee demands OR ELSE he’ll lose them and LOL
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/27/blue-check-tells-elon-musk-he-better-meet-twitter-employee-demands-or-else-hell-lose-them-and-lol/

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.  :rofl:

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #508 on: October 27, 2022, 08:51:58 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #509 on: October 27, 2022, 08:53:42 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #510 on: October 27, 2022, 08:54:39 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #511 on: October 27, 2022, 08:55:58 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #512 on: October 27, 2022, 10:30:47 PM »
So it begins

SAN FRANCISCO — Elon Musk has started cleaning house at Twitter with the firings of at least four top executives on Thursday, said two people with knowledge of the situation, as the billionaire closes his $44 billion takeover of the social media company.

The Twitter executives who were fired include Parag Agrawal, Twitter’s chief executive, Ned Segal, the chief financial officer, Vijaya Gadde, the top legal and policy executive, and Sean Edgett, the general counsel, said the people, who declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak publicly
https://twitchy.com/amy-313134/2022/10/27/it-begins-elon-musk-reported-to-have-fired-top-twitter-executives/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #513 on: October 27, 2022, 11:13:29 PM »
A message from Elon Musk

Dear Twitter Advertisers
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1585619322239561728/photo/1

Apparently some don't like it

Lib writer’s take on ‘toxic jerk’ Elon Musk taking over Twitter is why Musk should do this every day
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/10/27/lib-writers-take-on-toxic-jerk-elon-musk-taking-over-twitter-is-why-musk-should-do-this-every-day/

Oh, good grief. We gots another math whiz here.

Junior 🥷
@PirateStyle7
·
13h
Replying to
@elonmusk
Musk spent $44 Billion on Twitter.   The World’s population is 8 billion.   He could have given each person $5 billion and still have money leftover.  I feel like a cheque for $5 billion would be life changing for most people. Yet he wasted it all on Twitter
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2022, 07:40:31 AM »
Ha ha - Taylor Lorenz being upset (again) is already makes this deal worthwhile.  :rofl:

Controversial tech columnist Taylor Lorenz tweeted, "It’s like the gates of hell opened on this site tonight."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #515 on: October 28, 2022, 08:12:09 AM »
Ha ha - Taylor Lorenz being upset (again) is already makes this deal worthwhile.  :rofl:

Yep. Double Soup Tuesday at the Orphanarium...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2022, 12:37:10 PM »
Of course those fired execs have golden parachutes on top of their stock sale payouts.
In total, Gadde is set to walk away from Twitter with the biggest haul: Nearly $74 million. Agrawal and Segal aren’t far behind her, though, at roughly $65 million and $66 million, respectively.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2022, 12:37:47 PM »
Ramp Capital
@RampCapitalLLC
BREAKING: FALCON 9 LAUNCH SPOTTED OVER CALIFORNIA, UNCONFIRMED BUT POSSIBLY CARRYING EX-TWITTER EXECS TO OUTER SPACE
https://twitter.com/RampCapitalLLC/status/1585820284459810820/photo/1
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #518 on: October 28, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »
Ramp Capital
@RampCapitalLLC
BREAKING: FALCON 9 LAUNCH SPOTTED OVER CALIFORNIA, UNCONFIRMED BUT POSSIBLY CARRYING EX-TWITTER EXECS TO OUTER SPACE

https://twitter.com/RampCapitalLLC/status/1585820284459810820/photo/1

I didn't think it was a LITERAL golden parachute they got, but hey, I'm willing to give it a shot.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #520 on: October 28, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »
    Hi. I'm @elonmusk and I just took $44,000,000,000 and urinated on it and then lit it on fire so I could be the one to reassure a terrified anonymous right wing nutjob troll who fulfills the latest Trumpcult paranoia by self-identifying as a cat that I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT pic.twitter.com/ADnWkxKzwG

— Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) October 28, 2022

Catturd â„¢
@catturd2
Replying to
@KeithOlbermann
 and
@elonmusk

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1586016455878770689

Catturd gets a reply from Elon Musk and Keith Olbermann and others can’t deal
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2022/10/28/catturd-gets-a-reply-from-elon-musk-and-keith-olbermann-and-others-cant-deal/

:rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #521 on: October 29, 2022, 08:10:37 AM »
Elon To Replace 3,200 Twitter Employees With One Hardworking Immigrant Named Amar
https://babylonbee.com/news/elon-to-replace-3200-twitter-employees-with-one-hardworking-immigrant-from-india

"Amar is a hardworking immigrant from India who can easily do the work of 3,200 Silicon Valley millennials," said Musk. "Once we filtered out all the breaks for meditation, wine-on-tap, matcha sipping, shuffleboard, and corn-hole, we discovered that these employees could all be replaced with Amar, who will outperform all 3,200 of these employees by at least 9%."

Probably not too far from the truth  :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:39:22 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2022, 08:34:57 AM »
I may need to break down and finally get a Twitter account...

Hum... Maybe Seren needs one, actually.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #523 on: October 29, 2022, 12:32:49 PM »
When something stops being fun, people stop doing it.

And on a side note - Anheuser-Busch used to allow employees to drink on the job. I think it was stopped back around 1988 or so. But you would still see the execs, etc., lunching in bars in the area of the brewery.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #524 on: October 29, 2022, 01:11:25 PM »
When something stops being fun, people stop doing it.

And on a side note - Anheuser-Busch used to allow employees to drink on the job. I think it was stopped back around 1988 or so. But you would still see the execs, etc., lunching in bars in the area of the brewery.
I worked for a large multinational company headquartered in the USA. The German branch had refrigerators stocked with beer for their employees. When I first started working, it wasn't unusual for the department to go out for pizza at lunch time, and traditionally the highest-level manager would spring for a couple of pitchers of beer for the group. Then a new executive came in and beer during lunch was first "discouraged" and then "prohibited" for regular employees . . . but it was still served on the Gulfstreams in our company's air force and even on campus during "executive training" workshops, a clear case of "rules for thee but not for me."  The same CEO put a halt to firearm ads in the "for sale" section of the employee newspaper.

Oh, and the flogging would continue until morale improved.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain