Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 48967 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #576 on: November 02, 2022, 01:06:50 PM »
Well, BYE!

Let me put it this way: I will leave Twitter rather than pay Musk a single dime for anything

— Jennifer "Pro-privacy" Rubin (@JRubinBlogger) November 2, 2022

Just got real: Jennifer Rubin vows to ‘leave Twitter rather than pay Musk a single dime for anything’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/02/just-got-real-jennifer-rubin-vows-to-leave-twitter-rather-than-pay-musk-a-single-dime-for-anything/

Further down

Dear Diary:

After four days of continuous threats, I'm starting to believe that nobody takes me seriously. I must take drastic measures; perhaps I'll glue my hand to a Space X rocket just before it launches.

Sincerely,

Jenn

Post script: Resist!

— Dan Novotny (@MrDanNovotny) November 2, 2022

:rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #577 on: November 02, 2022, 01:31:56 PM »
These folks are part of the progressive agenda but for whatever reason he can't fire them for cause or terminate at will, so he needs to make them want to leave.

I would have figured turning off the wine tap and turning all the safe space rooms into workspaces would have taken care of that, but whatever works...  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #578 on: November 02, 2022, 01:54:27 PM »
I would have figured turning off the wine tap and turning all the safe space rooms into workspaces would have taken care of that, but whatever works...  =)

Hire people like Larry Elder and Dennis Prager to come to headquarters, and consult on free speech and bias issues. I'd suggest Ben Shapiro, but that would just be too cruel to the flakes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #579 on: November 02, 2022, 02:02:05 PM »
Just put up a Trump cutout then film the screaming hysterical rush for the door. Local shrinks would be booked solid for the next 12 months.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #581 on: November 02, 2022, 04:39:27 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #583 on: November 03, 2022, 08:11:29 AM »
WH tweet gets a really sweet fact-check.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/02/wh-deletes-tweet-after-getting-busted-by-citizen-fact-checkers-and-elon-musk-thinks-its-awesome/

I was cracking up about that - all kinds of lefties are screeching about that misinformation destroying twitter and democracy. Nevermind that the guy provided source material straight from the US gov. "Lies! All lies!!!"   :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #584 on: November 03, 2022, 08:13:40 AM »
    Lmao at a billionaire earnestly trying to sell people on the idea that “free speech” is actually a $8/mo subscription plan

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) November 2, 2022
    Your feedback is appreciated, now pay $8

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 2, 2022

She clearly just wants to date him. LOL.

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2022/11/02/elon-musk-trolls-aoc-your-feedback-is-appreciated-now-pay-8/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #585 on: November 03, 2022, 08:16:00 AM »
^^^

She's also claiming that he's messing with her twitter account.  :rofl:

And as for her $60 sweatshirts made by high paid US workers, wasn't there something in the news a while back about her and taxes and paying employees?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #586 on: November 03, 2022, 09:19:38 AM »
I heard some complaining that it appears Musk isn't making Twitter a completely free speech platform.  However, Salty Cracker pointed out that it is a hell of a lot better than it was and we have an election around the corner so blow things up while you can. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #587 on: November 03, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »
But wait, there's more

Elon Musk must’ve REALLY gotten under AOC’s skin over $8 because LOL she’s STILL melting down
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/03/elon-musk-mustve-really-gotten-under-aocs-skin-over-8-because-lol-shes-still-melting-down/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #588 on: November 03, 2022, 11:15:00 AM »
The left really doesn't like getting fact checked

The White House has been “fact checked” by Twitter with mundane nuances at least three times since Elon Musk took over.

A right-wing filter on a giant communications platform—what could go wrong? pic.twitter.com/BY7zqStlTC

— Sawyer Hackett (@SawyerHackett) November 2, 2022

Lol, the best part has been the sheer outrage over actual facts being allowed on this site.

— Chris McGowne (@cjmcgowne) November 3, 2022

Sawyer Hackett gets fact-checked over his Birdwatch meltdown and it is GLORIOUS
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/03/kjp-says-wh-isnt-having-any-meetings-or-anything-happening-like-that-in-preparing-for-a-recession/
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #589 on: November 04, 2022, 10:57:36 AM »
I heard some complaining that it appears Musk isn't making Twitter a completely free speech platform.  However, Salty Cracker pointed out that it is a hell of a lot better than it was and we have an election around the corner so blow things up while you can.
According to Musk, not much has changed (yet).
Quote from: Elon Musk
Twitter has had a massive drop in revenue, due to activist groups pressuring advertisers, even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease the activists.

Extremely messed up! They’re trying to destroy free speech in America.

I think Twitter had already peaked before Musk overpaid for it, but its decline is going to accelerate with him in charge.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #590 on: November 04, 2022, 11:53:28 AM »
According to Musk, not much has changed (yet).
I think Twitter had already peaked before Musk overpaid for it, but its decline is going to accelerate with him in charge.
I was thinking of rejoining as a few people I follow on youtube use it to share other stuff.  I don't think it needs to go away, but any platform that tries to micromanage creators and users is going to chase people away.  Elon needs to find a way to make a profit without having advertiser conglomerates telling him how to run it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #591 on: November 04, 2022, 12:02:01 PM »
Elon needs to find a way to make a profit without having advertiser conglomerates telling him how to run it.

I think if he wants to really go all in on free speech, he should forget about profit and focus on that. That's how he talked when was going to buy it. His latest tweets seem to be going in a different direction though and there's only so much common ground between what advertisers want, what the current user base wants, and what free speech focused potential users want.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #592 on: November 04, 2022, 04:39:52 PM »
The You're Fired! Channel

Reuters has a live feed ‘outside of Twitter as Elon Musk begins laying off employees’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/04/reuters-has-a-live-feed-outside-of-twitter-as-elon-musk-begins-laying-off-employees/

LIVE: View outside of Twitter as Elon Musk begins laying off employees
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1588593318346502145?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #593 on: November 04, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »
Well that has news day emmy written all over it!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 04, 2022, 09:30:45 PM »
That was a whole lotta nuthin.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #595 on: November 04, 2022, 09:31:49 PM »
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Twitter Complaint Hotline Operator

:rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #596 on: November 04, 2022, 11:53:06 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #597 on: November 05, 2022, 07:15:55 AM »
And suddenly pregnancy is important to the MSM. For some reason  ;/ , Yahoo News is connecting a twitter (ex) employee's pregnancy with her being locked out of her computer. "Oh dear, Musk has kicked a pregnant woman to the curb!"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-employee-whos-8-months-095949708.html

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #598 on: November 05, 2022, 10:38:05 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #599 on: November 05, 2022, 10:38:41 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes