Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 48941 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #1000 on: January 09, 2024, 06:04:43 PM »
Musk wants to disclose to the public how much the govt had twitter spying on said public. The government said he can't. I'm disappointed that the current SC did this.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/01/09/supreme-court-rejects-x-surveillance-n2391543
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1001 on: January 31, 2024, 08:40:46 AM »
Detecting glee over this on part of many in the MSM
Remains to be seen if he has any recourse to fight this but if it holds he will fall to 3rd on the rich list.

Now my question is what happens to that $55b if he doesn't get it?

Elon Musk's $55b pay package at Tesla is struck down by Delaware judge - putting his position as the world's richest man at risk - sparking a rage-fueled post at Biden's home state on X
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13026733/Elon-Musks-55b-pay-package-Tesla-struck-Delaware-judge-putting-position-worlds-richest-man-risk-sparking-rage-fueled-post-Bidens-home-state-X.html

He reacted to the ruling on his social media platform X, formerly Twitter, tweeting: 'Never incorporate your company in the state of Delaware.'

'I recommend incorporating in Nevada or Texas if you prefer shareholders to decide matters,' Musk wrote in another post on X.

Users on X had mixed opinions on Tuesday's court ruling. 'It’s total b*lls**t that a judge in the United States of America is able to prevent a company from paying you whatever sum the board deems appropriate,' one user responded.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1002 on: January 31, 2024, 09:06:22 AM »
Detecting glee over this on part of many in the MSM
Remains to be seen if he has any recourse to fight this but if it holds he will fall to 3rd on the rich list.

Now my question is what happens to that $55b if he doesn't get it?

Elon Musk's $55b pay package at Tesla is struck down by Delaware judge - putting his position as the world's richest man at risk - sparking a rage-fueled post at Biden's home state on X
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13026733/Elon-Musks-55b-pay-package-Tesla-struck-Delaware-judge-putting-position-worlds-richest-man-risk-sparking-rage-fueled-post-Bidens-home-state-X.html

While he's not "the owner", the guy who started the whole things should be able to pay himself a trillion per year if he wants to. This is kinda similar to Trump being "the placeholder" in that what the government does to them is eventually what the government will do to us. Brain surgeons shouldn't make more than burger flippers - that's unfair!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1003 on: February 01, 2024, 01:13:40 PM »
Nothing to see here

Before becoming the head of the Delaware Chancery Court, McCormick worked at a Delaware law firm called Young Conaway.

This firm and its employees have been major donors to President Joe Biden for decades.

In 2016, Hunter Biden hosted a gubernatorial campaign event for Congressman John Carney, with then-Vice President Joe Biden as the guest speaker.

This event took place at the Law Offices of Young Conaway in Wilmington, Delaware.

Carney, a close friend of Joe Biden for the last four decades, later became governor and nominated Kathaleen McCormick, a partner at Young Conaway, to her position on the Delaware Chancery Court.

In a March 2018 email, Hunter Biden claimed to personally know every judge on the Delaware Chancery Court while threatening legal action against his Chinese business partners."I will bring the suit in the Chancery court in Delaware - which as you know is my home state and I am privileged to have worked with and know every judge on the chancery court."After Elon Musk purchased Twitter with the stated goal of restoring free-speech, President Biden called for a federal investigation into Musk on the podium at the White House.

Following this, the Biden Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and Federal Trade Commission initiated legal actions and investigations against Tesla, SpaceX, and X.

This recent decision by Judge McCormick, who worked with Biden's top donors and was nominated by Biden's close friend, to override Tesla's board and the majority of its shareholders is another clear example of the Biden administration and its allies weaponizing the American legal system against their political opponents.

BOMBSHELL: Just GUESS Who the Judge Who Ruled Against Elon Musk in Delaware Has Serious Connections With
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/01/judge-mccormick-musk-biden-n2392429
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1004 on: February 06, 2024, 04:38:36 PM »
    If you were unfairly treated by your employer due to posting or liking something on this platform, we will fund your legal bill.

No limit.

Please let us know.
    — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 6, 2023

Guess who's taking Elon's offer up on that

Today is an important day for me--I am filing a lawsuit against @lucasfilm & @Disney

After my 20 years of building a career from scratch, and during the regime of former Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Lucasfilm made this statement on Twitter, terminating me from The Mandalorian: “Gina…
    — Gina Carano 🕯 (@ginacarano) February 6, 2024

Please let us know if you would like to join the lawsuit against Disney https://t.co/FnMxhUQvVA
    — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 6, 2024

[popcorn]

WHOA! Gina Carano Announces She's Suing Disney/Lucasfilm with Backing of Elon Musk/Twitter
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/02/06/musk-gina-carano-disney-n2392634

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1005 on: February 07, 2024, 07:41:11 AM »
Guess who's taking Elon's offer up on that

[popcorn]

WHOA! Gina Carano Announces She's Suing Disney/Lucasfilm with Backing of Elon Musk/Twitter
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/02/06/musk-gina-carano-disney-n2392634

I think most of us here are on Gina's side. We seem to be a minority. A "general news" sub popped up on my reddit feed this morning talking about this. While reddit leans commie, still, you would expect some variation in opinions, but of the currently 2500ish posts, 99% of them are hating on Gina. A really good example of our current social divide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1akng6s/backed_by_elon_musk_gina_carano_sues_disney_over/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1006 on: February 07, 2024, 08:44:46 AM »
On reddit, there's probably a not insignificant group of folks that would have been neutral on Gina, but went negative because Elon backed fer up.

On the internet Elon Derangement Syndrome is a powerful thing, and reddit is a super-spreader.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1007 on: February 23, 2024, 02:46:30 PM »
Interesting. Musk says that a Google senior exec called him and talked for an hour about the AI debacle. I'm curious why they called a guy they hate.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/23/google-called-elon-musk-n2393229

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1008 on: February 25, 2024, 08:47:39 PM »
I wonder if out of frustration, Elon will now create a SpaceX or Tesla operating system. He apparently texted the Microsoft CEO for tech support.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/gordon-k/2024/02/25/breaking-even-tech-billionaires-gets-the-microsoft-windows-blues-n2393307

In his defense, they have made it harder and harder to create a local only account. I'm still on 10 with no Microsoft account. Never had one, never will.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1009 on: February 25, 2024, 09:27:39 PM »
I wonder if out of frustration, Elon will now create a SpaceX or Tesla operating system. He apparently texted the Microsoft CEO for tech support.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/gordon-k/2024/02/25/breaking-even-tech-billionaires-gets-the-microsoft-windows-blues-n2393307

In his defense, they have made it harder and harder to create a local only account. I'm still on 10 with no Microsoft account. Never had one, never will.

Only reason I create a MS account is that it makes transferring windows keys to a new setup easy
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1010 on: February 25, 2024, 09:42:43 PM »
If Elon did create a new OS I'd buy a half dozen copies.

Hopefully they'd be able to do recalls (updates) via an internet connection instead of taking the computer into the dealership.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1011 on: February 26, 2024, 07:23:03 AM »
If he did probably be more than likely be another flavor of Linux.
But if he did go the writing from scratch route it would take teams years of coding and testing to do so. Windows 11 is suppose to be around 50 million lines of code for example so I wouldn't get my hopes of anything soon in that case but it would be rather interesting what they could come up with if he did.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1012 on: February 26, 2024, 07:56:23 AM »
If he did probably be more than likely be another flavor of Linux.
But if he did go the writing from scratch route it would take teams years of coding and testing to do so. Windows 11 is suppose to be around 50 million lines of code for example so I wouldn't get my hopes of anything soon in that case but it would be rather interesting what they could come up with if he did.

Yeah, I would expect some type of linux base with a windows-like gui that is more plug and play with a wider range of devices than most linux guis, plus better privacy than win or apple.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1013 on: February 26, 2024, 08:12:49 AM »
Yeah, I would expect some type of linux base with a windows-like gui that is more plug and play with a wider range of devices than most linux guis, plus better privacy than win or apple.

Annoys me when Linux gurus in many YT videos go on about how easy Linux and about how they can't understand why everyone isn't using it and then spend 10 minutes typing commands and complicated switches in the command line just to install a simple driver. See? it's easy! They either forget or completely ignore the fact that a light switch is about as complicated as most people can handle.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:47:20 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1014 on: February 26, 2024, 09:40:58 AM »
Popped up in my YT feed a few days ago.
Haven't watched the whole video yet but so far he's hitting several key points of what is holding Linux back.

Normal People Don't Use Linux For a Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLfh194BDk

If Elon could have a team work up a Linux that fixes some of these problems it could be a killer.
Most people just want something akin to a washing machine, throw the clothes in, push start, done.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1015 on: February 26, 2024, 09:57:49 AM »
Popped up in my YT feed a few days ago.
Haven't watched the whole video yet but so far he's hitting several key points of what is holding Linux back.

Normal People Don't Use Linux For a Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLfh194BDk

If Elon could have a team work up a Linux that fixes some of these problems it could be a killer.
Most people just want something akin to a washing machine, throw the clothes in, push start, done.

I've used linux ever since I saw the first computer in the lab in grad school pop up with it. I thought it was a cool way to get unix on something other than a $20K sparc station, and be able to run unix-y stuff at home on my 486.

Since then, I've always kept some flavor of it, and in my 40s for about a year made it my main machine, but it only ended up being a 90% machine, because there was always something I needed that I couldn't get to install or run on it, and I would have to fire up the Windoze box, so I ended up switching back.

I'm currently at 90% windows and 10% linux on a VM. When I was younger, I enjoyed futzing with linux just like I enjoyed futzing with other computer problems, new builds, etc. Tinkering with computers and software was a fun hobby. Now in my old age, I'm turning into the stereotypical apple user and I just want everything to work. I just don't have the time or desire to make stuff work with linux. If somebody came out with a linux interface that was equal to windows but without the baggage or cloudiness, I'd go back to fulltime linux in a heartbeat.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1016 on: February 26, 2024, 11:23:58 AM »
X-Linux
Turns your computer into an extreme far right MAGA racist transphobic murder machine
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1017 on: February 26, 2024, 01:29:57 PM »
Linux:  Made by developers for developers.  Linux documentation is written by developers for developers.
It's still fun to mess around with, and there is some decent software out there that only runs on Linux.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1018 on: March 02, 2024, 08:06:18 AM »
Throwing this in here because it's a Musk thread...

The lawyers who blocked Musk's Tesla compensation package?

They think they're entitled to, and are demanding, legal fees (in the form of Tesla stock) that are currently worth SIX BILLION DOLLARS.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoniopequenoiv/2024/03/01/lawyers-who-voided-elon-musks-tesla-pay-package-seek-6-billion-in-legal-fees/?sh=45d3b1707e20
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1019 on: March 02, 2024, 08:31:23 AM »
Delaware should have to pay that
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1020 on: March 02, 2024, 09:48:27 AM »
It's honestly going to really piss me off if the value of my Tesla stock takes a hit because this ahole activist with 9 godsdamned shares decided to sue over a compensation package I voted in favor of.

Talk about a threat to our *expletive deleted*ing democracy. 

It has not escaped my notice that these bloodsucking lawyers are asking for their compensation in....Tesla stock, which they have had a part in devaluing currently, so they are hoping it'll go back up once they get their ill-gotten gains.

I have more compassion for that couple camping in St. Louis in the other thread then these lawyers and their client.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1021 on: March 15, 2024, 05:39:31 PM »
They're having a fit :rofl:
Note how Elon is now described as conservative

Ruth Bader Ginsburg's family outraged as foundation gives namesake award to Elon Musk and Rupert Murdoch after years of only honoring women
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13203027/Ruth-Bader-Ginsburg-family-outraged-award-Rupert-Murdoch-Elon-Miusk.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1022 on: March 16, 2024, 08:38:52 AM »
Apparently Elon was looking to have Don Lemon host a show on Twitter, I mean X, but Don started making shall we say tiny demands, nothing much.

The ex-CNN anchor sent over an astronomical wish list to Elon Musk during contract talks to host a show on the billionaire’s social media platform X – including a free Tesla Cybertruck, a $5 million upfront payment on top of an $8 million salary, an equity stake in the multibillion-dollar company, and the right to approve any changes in X policy as it relates to news content, according to a document reviewed by The Post.

Lemon — who was expected to air an interview with Musk for next week’s debut episode on X —  had also demanded a private jet flight to Las Vegas, a suite for him and his fiance, and that the company pay for their day drinking and massages, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

You can guess how Elon reacted.
Waiting on Don or someone in the MSM for him to claim it was due to racism

Hysterical Details Emerge Revealing How the Elon and Don Lemon Deal Went Sour and They Are a Must Read
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/03/15/don-lemon-elon-reasons-for-deals-going-sour-revealed-n2394034
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1023 on: March 16, 2024, 08:41:20 AM »
Apparently Elon was looking to have Don Lemon host a show on Twitter, I mean X, but Don started making demands.

You can guess how Elon reacted.

Hysterical Details Emerge Revealing How the Elon and Don Lemon Deal Went Sour and They Are a Must Read
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/03/15/don-lemon-elon-reasons-for-deals-going-sour-revealed-n2394034

I notice that none of that was mentioned on the legacy media - just Elon being an extremist and canceling lefty free speech.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1024 on: March 16, 2024, 09:10:35 AM »
I notice that none of that was mentioned on the legacy media - just Elon being an extremist and canceling lefty free speech.

Not shocked by that in the least. Disappointed yes, shocked no.
I'm sure Don will be on Oprah soon going on about how Elon refused to hire him because he's black and he and Oprah will cry about how oppressed they both are.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 09:24:43 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes