Author Topic: Apple fans relieved about Jobs health news...  (Read 5210 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Apple fans relieved about Jobs health news...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »
Now that I've regained my breath and I'm a gentler shade of cyan, I can observe that was freaking hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:25:36 AM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
Yeah that was hilarious.... I like my PC because it is MINE!! I built it from scratch, and there is no way in heck I could get the performance I get out of my PC out of a mac of even remotely similar cost.  (I've only got about $1000 into it)  I hate that apple controls every aspect of their hardware..

Also running windows xp sp3 I don't ever have any crashes of any kind and have never had any problems running any software.  The main reason people talk about PCs run like crud is 1. they aren't updated 2. No antivirus 3. Store bought and gateway/dell/etc PCs all come loaded down with buttloads of useless software from the factory.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
i've been running into the same problem with my mac as antibubba.

i've got an G3 ibook with 10.3.9 that i've had for about 5 or 6 years, and i've started to run into problems with the new software thats too much for my processor.
and i can't afford a new one. i could probably afford to buy a refurbished Windows machine, but to be honest i don't really need it.
it may be old in computer years, but it gets me on the internet, plays my music, loads my ipod and does the other little things i need.
so whatever, i like my mac. it does its job. one of the reasons i don't want windows is because when i use my moms computer (thats been rehauled several times) it crashes all the darn time.

as for jobs. well, at least there is an alternitive to windows. i don't really care to be honest.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »
hey Blue,

I've got a white MacBook about two yrs old with a dead screen--last quote we got on repairing the screen was $200.  If you want it, you're more than welcome to it.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
hey Blue,

I've got a white MacBook about two yrs old with a dead screen--last quote we got on repairing the screen was $200.  If you want it, you're more than welcome to it.

seriously? cool. pm will be sent shortly.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds