Author Topic: Only In FL - Woman arrested at home filled w/ thousands of bladed weapons  (Read 5255 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/17/florida-police-arrest-woman-at-home-filled-with-thousands-bladed-weapons/?intcmp=hpbt4

She tried to stab a deputy with a large sword or machete, missing his face by inches, then fled to another part of her mobile home.  A newspaper reports that the room she fled to had about 500 bladed weapons, they also stated that other rooms were filled with similar weapons and one room had an alter covered in pentagrams.  They shot her with a bean bag gun several times with no effect.  They finally took her down with a stun gun.  Deputies said they had removed more than 3,500 bladed instruments from the mobile home.

ETA: Correct total number.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:38:47 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Only In FL - Woman arrested at home filled w/ thousands of bladed weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »
They shot her with a bean bag gun several times with no effect.

Non lethal force; you're doing it wrong.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
Jack Chick was right.  ;)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »
Is she Kes's sister?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »
Is she Kes's sister?

Now THAT was the unkindest cut of all. [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
Now THAT was the unkindest cut of all. [popcorn]

That could cut both ways.

bob

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/17/florida-police-arrest-woman-at-home-filled-with-thousands-bladed-weapons/?intcmp=hpbt4

She tried to stab a deputy with a large sword or machete, missing his face by inches, then fled to another part of her mobile home.  A newspaper reports that the room she fled to had about 500 bladed weapons, they also stated that other rooms were filled with similar weapons and one room had an alter covered in pentagrams.  They shot her with a bean bag gun several times with no effect.  They finally took her down with a stun gun.  Deputies said they had removed more than 3,5000 bladed instruments from the mobile home.

slipped decimal place

watch the video.  wow.  at a guess, I'd say it's a little more than a hobby that got out of hand.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 12:58:37 PM »
Even for Pakistani pot metal, 3,500 blades is a substantial investment. Where did she come up with the cash, between worshipping at that altar and just generally getting her crazy on?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 01:37:16 PM »
Even for Pakistani pot metal, 3,500 blades is a substantial investment. Where did she come up with the cash, between worshipping at that altar and just generally getting her crazy on?

3500 blades.  Let's say collected over 20 years - 175/year, ~15/month.  Most don't look that expensive, for example I see kitchen knives in the picture.

Call it about a $200/month habit, with her 'vacuuming' up knives at garage sales and such?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
Violently unhinged woman with a knife fixation? I wonder if Rev ever dated her, seems like his type.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 04:27:14 PM »
Violently unhinged woman with a knife fixation? I wonder if Rev ever dated her, seems like his type.

Sad part is I had to check the name; 20 years of meth and shaving her head could make one I remember all too well look a bit like that.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »
Quaint.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 12:41:27 AM »
Wow. I did NOT understand this story until I watched the vidja.  :O  ???

So, I know she attacked somebody with a machete, so I could understand their confiscating machetes and swords and daggers, and such, but do they normally go and remove everything that could possibly be a weapon from your house, after you attack someone? Or is it just because they're displayed as if they were weaponry?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 08:47:13 AM »
No, I don't know how they justify it in general (in knife womyn's case, there was an outstanding warrant, and prior crazy activity), but it's the same game they play when they find someone with what is societally judged to be lots and lots and lots of (legally owned) gunz.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »

A glance at the photo assured me it wasn't one of my ex's. But yeah, I was worried for a second. That first statement is indeed about half of my ex's.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »
No, I don't know how they justify it in general (in knife womyn's case, there was an outstanding warrant, and prior crazy activity), but it's the same game they play when they find someone with what is societally judged to be lots and lots and lots of (legally owned) gunz.

In this case I figure they're going to push for some sort of insanity ruling, and being able to show up with boxes and boxes and boxes of knives would help with that.

Remember - in real life an insanity plea doesn't get you out scott free.  It gets you put into a mental facility instead, that's a lot like a prison anyways, until you're judged safe to release.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:21:28 PM by Firethorn »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »
I saw the mug shot.

No way in hell would I have ever guessed it was a woman.

I was on the fence about human...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »
In this case I figure they're going to push for some sort of insanity ruling, and being able to show up with boxes and boxes and boxes of knives would help with that.

Remember - in real life an insanity plea doesn't get out scott free.  It gets you put into a mental facility instead, that's a lot like a prison anyways, until you're judged safe to release.

I was going to say.

Plus, a crime was commited in the house (assault of the officer) so doesn't that make pretty much everything in the crime scene count as possible evidence?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
TommyGun and BobR, you two are a couple of cut ups.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 10:38:08 AM »

She or her custodian gets all that stuff back eventually, right?  (yeah, right) 
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 03:57:10 PM »
She or her custodian gets all that stuff back eventually, right?  (yeah, right) 

When (not if) she's convicted she becomes a prohibited person, so no.

Haven't we been saying for years that the Second Amendment is not just about guns?

Does this mean she can have a butter knife if it was made before 1898?  Are plastic knives "imitation/replica" knives?

And nobody mention red Swingline staplers.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 05:05:29 PM »
I'm still wondering about the bean bag gun that had "no effect."  I mean really; the darn thing would make a pro defensive lineman take a step back, and quite a bit more with a hit to certain spots.  Did they even hit her?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »
I'm still wondering about the bean bag gun that had "no effect."  I mean really; the darn thing would make a pro defensive lineman take a step back, and quite a bit more with a hit to certain spots.  Did they even hit her?

If she was hopped up on drugs, she might not have noticed the hits.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?