Main Forums > The Roundtable

Kids and &err&me.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Guest:
Holly,
How funny, I can picture that scene in Dillard's.

One parent said when they were visiting various churches, their kid commented, " All these Churches take up money  for Jesus right? Parents said yes - why?" The kid is curious, "Well when you guys went to open a new bank account you had to show a driver's license, Jesus must have worn out his Driver's License showing it to all the banks he must have accounts in".

grampster:
Why didn't Uncle Steve tell 'em kids about Snollygasters and the Rambillicus?  What about the Smug Monster?  That little girl would have been lookin' for a floppy hat, a vest and some puttees and good boots to compliment her bandoliers and twin .44's.

MaterDei:
Cute?

Brat would be a more appropriate adjective.  

No offense intended buy if my kid acted that way I would pull them aside and scold them for being disrespectful and acting like a brat.

YMMV

Vodka7:
Brat's not an adjective.

Story reminds me of something my mother used to say--"I never fought with him over what he wore, or what he ate.  As long as he was clothed and fed, my job was done."  Course, that never stopped her from asking "now, are you sure?  You're *sure* you're sure?"

Sounds like an intelligent, thoughtful little girl.

Matt Payne:
Being her own person makes her a brat? Hardly.

The ability to think -- and speak -- for one's self is to be encouraged, not scolded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version