Author Topic: Insider Threat Program  (Read 1559 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Insider Threat Program
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
It looks like Big Brother is looking really hard at his minions (no offense Ben, Jamis and others.)

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/09/196211/linchpin-for-obamas-plan-to-predict.html

In an initiative aimed at rooting out future leakers and other security violators, President Barack Obama has ordered federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues based on behavioral profiling techniques that are not scientifically proven to work, according to experts and government documents.

ederal employees and contractors are asked to pay particular attention to the lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors – like financial troubles, odd working hours or unexplained travel – of co-workers as a way to predict whether they might do “harm to the United States.” Managers of special insider threat offices will have “regular, timely, and, if possible, electronic, access” to employees’ personnel, payroll, disciplinary and “personal contact” files, as well as records of their use of classified and unclassified computer networks, polygraph results, travel reports and financial disclosure forms.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Insider Threat Program
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 02:24:13 PM »
Well, given it's an Obama administration and I work with a bunch of commies, let's see - "Don't Tread on Me" flag, American flag, NRA flag, fake Claymore...

I'm probably screwed. What's the American version of Siberia?  :laugh:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »
Well, given it's an Obama administration and I work with a bunch of commies, let's see - "Don't Tread on Me" flag, American flag, NRA flag, fake Claymore...

Let's see. Hostile environment where you are abused and forced to produce for the benefit of others and your ideas are suppressed...

You're in California, correct?  >:D
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »

Climate wise, probably Montana  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
I think it more likely that Ben is going to be waterboarded by his Safety Committee for the Homer Simpson fire extinguisher. D'oh!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »
Hey Ben !!  There's a nice KGB/NKVD/Gestapo/Stasi DHS officer waiting to see you in the lobby.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »

My first thought would be New Jersey. But, Maybe Detroit would work as well, or Chicago.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »
Hey Ben !!  There's a nice KGB/NKVD/Gestapo/Stasi DHS officer waiting to see you in the lobby.

One of the reasons I called dibs on a downstairs office in our new building is for the window alternate exit.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."