Author Topic: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges  (Read 1079 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Bwhaaaaaaaa!  With that website being such a POS, this is no surprise.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/18/insurers-reportedly-receiving-wrong-data-from-obamacare-exchanges/

Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Nebraska, which has about 50 ObamaCare enrollees, said it had to stop enrollments from coming through automatically and hire temporary workers to contact customers to fix inaccuracies in submissions, according to the report.

Joan Budden, a marketing executive at Michigan-based Priority Health, told the newspaper that staff are reaching out to new customers to make sure they are enrolled in the correct plans, after realizing that some had signed up for multiple plans.

"Sometimes they pushed the [submit] button three times," Budden said.

Much of the scrutiny has focused on the company that received the bulk of the taxpayer money to help create the website -- CGI Federal, a U.S. subsidiary of Canadian firm CGI Group. According to the company's own announcement, it secured a contract in late 2011 worth a total of $93.7 million, with the base value at $55.7 million.

Reports have ranged widely over how much money has ultimately been spent on the flawed site, via CGI and other contractors. Reuters reported on Thursday that the potential total value for CGI's work has tripled, to nearly $292 million.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »
Reports have ranged widely over how much money has ultimately been spent on the flawed site, via CGI and other contractors. Reuters reported on Thursday that the potential total value for CGI's work has tripled, to nearly $292 million.

First the gummint spends $634 million on their website, now CGI gets $292 million? Where do I sign up for the kickbacks?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »

First the gummint spends $634 million on their website, now CGI gets $292 million? Where do I sign up for the kickbacks?

http://my.democrats.org/page/s/join-the-democrats-today
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
Hey they ramped up the service!  Now people are ACTUALLY GETTING SOMETHING!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G